Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help for Ben07

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Help for Ben07
Original Message   Jan 30, 2005 10:24 am
Ben, go to the thread from Jan 28 "New Ariens 11528 Suffering From Lack of Traction". Check post #17 from that thread. It is from the engineer from Ariens that posts here. He details how to adjust your shift linkage. Looks like it will take about 5 minutes.

Good luck,

Marc

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Re: Help for Ben07
Reply #1   Jan 30, 2005 6:13 pm
Thx MM14 .. I will do the adjustment procedure by the book later this week.  However at this time I don't believe I am out of adjustment at all.  However I am not stupid, I know I could be wrong.(don tell my wife I said that).  Anyhow I do not have a lack of traction problem.  It is a overall ground speed problem.  I just read the threads you suggested and it seemed to be that the person had a slight friction disc problem to adjust. (that definately not my problem)  And the other problem was the adjustment of say having 1st forward work, but 1st reverse be real slow or not work at all. (and same for a vice versa situation) That to me is a centering problem on the flywheel plate. (which is a shifter adjustment) I do not have that problem.  My machine turns at the exact same speed in 1st reverse as it does in 1st forward. (extremely slow)  I redid the adjustment being use to the simple gear drives I have been into and rebuilt in the past.  However none of them were Ariens. (I tried to balance/center the speeds between 1st rev and 1st fwd.  So maybe Ariens is different internally, and I think I know more that I actually do.  I have used Mtd's in the past and their 5 hp 1st gears seem as fast as my 3rd gear.  I didn't mean to bore you with these facts, but gonna be a couple days till I get the time to play with the machine. but I wanted to let you know I am listening, will follow your suggestions and am very thankful for your response.

By the way in that thread who is this Paul person that sometimes posts from Ariens.  ( I just want to know his screen name in case he replies to my problem.  I won't bother him unless he offers).  Also I think it is great that an Ariens rep/engineer . will try and help.   Sure it is conducive to the business,  but every product is not perfect and if they at least try and compromise with help on some issues that are just plain there.  Because they fell thru the cracks.   well Sh** happens.   Then I may be peeved, however I won't go as far on my next purchase as to just plain rule them out.

Also folks pls keep in mind, one of the main questions is "What exactly is the R3 upgrade" 

This message was modified Jan 30, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Jan 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Ben,

Paul Koltz is Ariens Senior Engineer.

Welcome to the Forum! 

Marshall. 
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #3   Jan 30, 2005 6:26 pm
Thx Marshall if you have his screen name handy, in case he offers some discussion here, let me know.  I probably missed it in my review, sry I am pressed for time so I am skimming etc.

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   Jan 30, 2005 6:30 pm
Dang dementia, what I am going to do? 

Snowmann  (two N's)
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42