Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow Blower Problems

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tpupfan21

Snow Blower Problems
Original Message   Feb 1, 2011 1:56 pm
I have a Poulan Pro that I bought from my uncle last year that's 5-10 years old.  I've used it a few times this year with no troubles.  Pulled it out yesterday and plugged it in to use the electric start and am having some trouble.  When I push the button, the electric start makes a high pitch whining noise but it doesn't seem to be engaging the engine at all.  The engine isn't even trying to turn over.  Tried to pull start and that's completely stuck.  Not moving at all.  Could it just be frozen up or is it something more serious?  Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Re: Snow Blower Problems
Reply #1   Feb 1, 2011 6:28 pm
Yep - sounds like its frozen up.  With my JD826 I can pull start it when that happens.  If you end up with water on the pinion gear and it freezes there it will not slide to engage the flywheel next time you try to electric start.  Take it to a heated place and let it thaw.  You might try a heat gun or hair dryer on the starter, but be VERY careful not to heat any fuel containing thing like tank, carb or fuel line.
This message was modified Feb 1, 2011 by Dr_Woof

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42