Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 1028 xle drive wheels won’t turn

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jake14mw

Original Message   Jan 31, 2011 11:43 am

Hi folks,

I have a Toro 1028 xle for about 5 years that has always worked perfectly.  Halway into the second big storm of this year, the wheels stopped turning.  Motor still runs fine, and it still throws snow fine as well.  When you press down on the drive control, it seems to catch for a split second, but then the wheels don’t turn.  I stopped by my dealer to ask about it, and he said it was probably water that had melted and gotten down in the mechanism and frozen, and once it thawed, it would be fine.  Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case.  Any ideas on what else it could possibly be?  Are there any diagrams available that show the mechanics of this?  I did a google search, but could not find anything.  I’m not very mechanical at all, but would be willing to try something.

Since it’s still throwing snow, I’d hate to leave it in the shop for a while, waiting for them to get to it.  Thanks for any advice.

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42