Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens ST1332LE 32"

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
goatman68

Ariens ST1332LE 32"
Original Message   Jan 21, 2011 11:12 am
Hello all,

This is my second season with my Ariens ST1332LE 32" and this thing is a handfull. I am wondering if anyone is running chains on their 32" blowers. This is a trigger model that has both wheels locked. The thing never wants to go perfectly straight, I am always trying to hold it in a straight line. I guess my thought was that chains might solve that problem. It is a 2008 model.

Simplicity 990430 24"  (vintage 1968)

Ariens ST1332LE 32"

Replies: 16 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
goatman68

Re: Ariens ST1332LE 32"
Reply #16   Jan 29, 2011 7:11 pm
trouts2 wrote:
  Either too lean from the jet or slightly dirty carb not allowing full fuel flow at max load.  If a main jet is at the bottom of the bowl then a 1 1/2 turns out from gently closed is the factory setting and 1 on the low idle.  Going past 2 turns on the main jet would indicate someting is wrong with the carb.  Usually 1/4 turn in or out from 1 1/2 smooths things out, mostly out.  Some carbs have a big influence from the low idle and some have very little so you could check that also.  8-10 inches isn't that much for that machine to handle $#%*fortably.

Thanks for the reply. I will have to look at the carb again since I thought it was a fixed main jet, not adjustable. I feel that the low power is directly related to the lean condition though since the longer the run with max load, the worse it seems to be. As far as a dirty carb, it's possible but the machine only has about 8hrs run time since brand new.

Simplicity 990430 24"  (vintage 1968)

Ariens ST1332LE 32"

Replies: 16 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42