Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Gas and Toro Power Clear 210R

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slyall

Gas and Toro Power Clear 210R
Original Message   Jan 28, 2011 8:03 pm
I got a Power Clear 210R and couldn't be happier with it's performance (review #2 if anyone is interested: http://www.abbysguide.com/snow-blower/reviews/424-0-2.html) .
However something is going on with it and I am not sure it's a problem or not and wondered if anyone else had the same issue.

Two times now I have started blowing snow with a full tank of the gas/oil mixture and after a while it starts cutting out, losing RPMs , and acting like it's running out of gas.   So both times I have shut it down and looked in the tank and while it is not full it looks like there is still fuel in the tank.  I then try without success to re-start it and then decide, "what the hell" I will fill it back up even though there looks to be fuel in the tank.   Both times sure enough it starts right back up after re-filling.    Anyone else experience this and is it a problem or just truly out of fuel?
This message was modified Jan 28, 2011 by slyall
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
slyall

Re: Gas and Toro Power Clear 210R
Reply #3   Jan 28, 2011 11:16 pm
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will check the gas cap, although would that only affect it when there is just a little gas in the tank as opposed to full?
  The gas I used was fresh from the pump and the oil was the type with stabilizer in it, so I am thinking it should be ok, but I guess that is always a possibility, it has been down in the single digits this week here and I keep the blower in an unheated garage.  Just got a fresh gallon yesterday, so maybe it will not happen again.
This message was modified Jan 28, 2011 by slyall
Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42