Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Wheels won,t free wheel

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Scotie

Wheels won,t free wheel
Original Message   Jan 14, 2011 8:10 pm
I just put a new drive wheel on my 2003 ariens 8hp 24 " snowblower and now the wheels won't turn when the engine is off. when engine is running the wheels go fine in forward and reverse. This problem was not here before I changed the drive wheel. Any help would be great. I checked the free play off the drive wheel, and it is 1/8 " when the drive handle is not engaged.
Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Scotie

Re: Wheels won,t free wheel
Reply #9   Jan 20, 2011 7:15 pm
Scotie wrote:
Touts2' I will have to recheck everything on Monday as I will be at the Patriots game today, yippee. Thanks for all the help

Hi trout2' I pulled the gear off that drives the the chain that moves the wheels. Apparently I put the gear on backwards when it fell off. As a result, the chain was jammed up to the gear and would not move. My biggest problem was that I could not get a good look at all the parts. Everything is working great now, thanks for all the help.
trouts2

Re: Wheels won,t free wheel
Reply #10   Jan 20, 2011 8:44 pm
   You got it.  Nice going.  

The belt and tractor area are small but I have lots of problems with enough light.  The garage got setup with 2 double floods on the sides, overhead and regular light.  There's a draw full of various flashlights, 3 forehead types, bendable snake lights and a host of bendable and snake mirrors.  Often working in there my hands are in the way and things fall off.   It's a pain if the drawings are not clear how thing go back together.

Replies: 9 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42