Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > My Steps on Greasing the Auger Shafts on my Honda Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chefwong

My Steps on Greasing the Auger Shafts on my Honda Snowblower
Original Message   Nov 12, 2010 1:46 pm
AA...as requested

Tools Required –

Grease (your greases of choice)

Antisieze

10mm Wrench

10mm Socket

12mm Wrench

14mm Wrench

·      Remove support bracket that connects the Auger Transmission Housing. Four 10MM nuts/bolts on the top of the bucker and two that bolt direct to the Auger Housing.

·      Remove Blower Shear Bolt

·      Remove the Side Bolts that hold the Auger to the Bucket

·      Carefully slide the Auger Out

·      Remove Auger Shear Bolts and Slide Augers off.

·      Wipe old grease clean on the shafts, clean O Ring.

·      Apply  Marinegrade Grease/Antisieze on both the shafts as well as the impeller shaft

·      Clean the flanges that hold the Auger to the Bucket. Thoroughly apply Marinegrade grease to the flange as cup of the flange.

·      Put flanges back on Auger Ends and bolt everything back up. 

·      When putting back the shear bolts, I used a smigen if not less than a hairs breath of antisieze on the bolt. A little goes a looooooong way.

I could not bear not being up to OEM spec so I am holding off on painting the scratches in the impeller till I get Honda Paint Color R136 Diana Red.

While the Augers were out, I took the opportunity to do another heavy coating of sealant on the interior of the bucket. I also painted the Augers with Rustoleum Professional Black Paint. I like this paint as it is almost borderline industrial grade and has alot more solids in it.

This message was modified Nov 12, 2010 by chefwong
Replies: 22 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
lseap107

Re: My Steps on Greasing the Auger Shafts on my Honda Snowblower
Reply #22   Jan 18, 2011 1:11 pm
That link took me to an Ariens Sno Tek snowblower demo video.
Replies: 22 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42