Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Fixed Jet To Adjustable ON Newer Tecumsehs?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Fixed Jet To Adjustable ON Newer Tecumsehs?
Original Message   Jan 29, 2005 9:43 am
A friend of mine has an 8524 Ariens LE with a Tecumseh L-Head bought at a box store last year. The machine runs well but suffers the well known surges and pops attendent to the fixed jet carbs.

Are the old style adjustable jet carbs. still available? will the governor on the newer engines bolt up?

If the answer to these questions is no then can we richen them up by reaming the jet with a jet ream? I had two Harleys bought new in the mid 80's with those g-d awful Keihin carburetors. The first thing we did to those bikes was to ream the jet 1 to two sizes larger in order to rihen them up. If the answer is no do the go kart guys have any aftermarket carbs that will adapt to our engines that have adjustable main jets?

Marc 

This message was modified Jan 29, 2005 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Re: Fixed Jet To Adjustable ON Newer Tecumsehs?
Reply #1   Jan 29, 2005 9:59 am
Marc,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I'm responding to this just to say you have read my mind.  In fact, I've been researching this exact subject myself.  Excellent question and if you find out anything off the forum, please share it.  Thank you.

Richie
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Re: Fixed Jet To Adjustable ON Newer Tecumsehs?
Reply #2   Jan 29, 2005 10:32 am
Richie-Check your PM"S

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42