Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda generator fuel issues

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
firgy23

Honda generator fuel issues
Original Message   Oct 18, 2010 10:16 am
The engine on my Honda generator is not getting any fuel through the carberator.  Does anybody have any idea what the most likely cause would be and how to fix it?
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
JGtravelor

Re: Honda generator fuel issues
Reply #2   Jan 15, 2011 1:29 pm
If you din't drain the gas out and then run the generator unti lit is dry the gas will clog up the carburator. You may be able to remove the bowl and spray carburator cleaner into it and try to get to the top where the air enters the carburator and spray carburator cleaner into it.

Wait about 1/2 hour for the cleaner to work and then put some 89 octain gas in the tank.

Before you try to start it check the linkage to the carburator. The poroblem I had was only that I needed to spray some WD40 on the linkage. The rods oxidized and didn't allow the choke plates for gas and air to move freely. I knew the carburator was OK since I had drained it. Once the linkage (little rods) moved freely the generator started right up. 

Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42