Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > More Toro 1028 Snowblower Vids

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Steve_Cebu

More Toro 1028 Snowblower Vids
Original Message   Jan 12, 2011 8:27 pm
This first clip is my wife starting our Toro on the first pull, take that Honda!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u9Y7ELfI3M

Really hit the jackpot this time. This clip is of Toro's Power Max Auger System Up close while it's working! Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBBe1iO7dYo

This next clip is me going crazy with the Joystick control on the Quick chute system. How's this for fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb2lCs8_FdU

And one more of my wife doing our EOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZYkvqx_wsY

If you want to see more just search SteveCebu on YouTube there are a whole bunch more videos of my wife working the Toro.

If you like these please vote them a Thumbs up on YouTube

Hope you enjoy watching these as much as we enjoyed making them.

Steve

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 1 - 10 of 19NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
saskwinter

Re: More Toro 1028 Snowblower Vids
Reply #1   Jan 12, 2011 9:26 pm
That was enjoyable to watch.  Your production skills (and commentary) made your video better than most of the snowblower Youtube fare.  Oh yeah, the machine works fantastic as well.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #2   Jan 12, 2011 10:00 pm
saskwinter wrote:
That was enjoyable to watch.  Your production skills (and commentary) made your video better than most of the snowblower Youtube fare.  Oh yeah, the machine works fantastic as well.

Thanks we're glad you enjoyed them. There are more up on YouTube I just posted a few links on here. Those are all one take shots with no editing so they could be better. My current laptop has just over 10GB of HDD space available, barely enough to run it. I can't save to isc because the disc drive died last month. Waiting to order a new Laptop hopefully soon.

Can't wait for the GoPro HD Hero to get here, should be fun to mount that on the Toro!

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
njal

Reply #3   Jan 12, 2011 10:32 pm
I checked them out Steve very cool.
njal

Reply #4   Jan 12, 2011 10:37 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
Thanks we're glad you enjoyed them. There are more up on YouTube I just posted a few links on here. Those are all one take shots with no editing so they could be better. My current laptop has just over 10GB of HDD space available, barely enough to run it. I can't save to isc because the disc drive died last month. Waiting to order a new Laptop hopefully soon.

Can't wait for the GoPro HD Hero to get here, should be fun to mount that on the Toro!

Did you order the GoPro HD ?
Steve_Cebu

Reply #5   Jan 12, 2011 10:54 pm
njal wrote:
Did you order the GoPro HD ?

Thanks glad you enjoyed the Vids.

I called up GoPro and spoke with their rep and she told me the lcd bacpac should be available by the end of the month. I am signed up with them for their newsletter so I will know when it becomes available. The reason the lcd bacpac is so important is that it lets you frame your shots. It actually shows what you are shooting and it clips onto the camera and has an extension for the waterproof case so it will fit. It's very cool but it's ben vaporware for at least 6 months. I have seen pics of them at the 2011 CES they are very cool. But I will not order the camera until I can get the lcd bacpac. I'd hate to have 2 hours of video that is useless because the shot was framed poorly.

We probably won't do any more snowblower vids until we get the GoPro. The day I can buy the lcd bacpac is the day I place my order. So far no one has mounted a GoPro on a snowblower.

Should be Awesome!

Paul7

Reply #6   Jan 12, 2011 11:02 pm
Here's the only one I've seen so far. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w39SbURYAs&provider=youtube&autostart=true&stretching=exactfit
Steve_Cebu

Reply #7   Jan 12, 2011 11:16 pm
Paul7 wrote:
Here's the only one I've seen so far. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w39SbURYAs&provider=youtube&autostart=true&stretching=exactfit

Now available in JELLO-Vision! LOL

Too much vibration where he had it mounted. You know that video reminded me of the commercial where you see the dogs nose in POV mode and the dog is saying "I smell Bacon!" and looking everywhere for the Bacon. Beggin strips I think it's called. LOL

Here it is, that snowblower vid made me think of this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug_iluxQ1IQ&feature=related

aa335

Reply #8   Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am
Nice videos Steve.  My 2 favorites are the ones with you going wild with the Quick Chute and your wife making the first cut out to EOD.  Such beautiful fresh snow.  Hope to see more of them with your new camera gear. 

The narration is nice too.  Overall interesting video.  Lots better than many on youtube with 10 minutes of gassing up and cold starting  and 2 minutes of actual snowblowing.  I don't care much for cold start, lets see that snow fly.  :)
Steve_Cebu

Reply #9   Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm
aa335 wrote:
Nice videos Steve.  My 2 favorites are the ones with you going wild with the Quick Chute and your wife making the first cut out to EOD.  Such beautiful fresh snow.  Hope to see more of them with your new camera gear. 

The narration is nice too.  Overall interesting video.  Lots better than many on youtube with 10 minutes of gassing up and cold starting  and 2 minutes of actual snowblowing.  I don't care much for cold start, lets see that snow fly.  :)

Thanks aa335, I have the GoPro ordered so that should be here in a a week or so. I just couldn't resist the $50 off! I've seen those videos where the guy will spend 8 minutes futzing with the unit to get it to start and then the video ends as he goes out of the garage. Booooring! We are trying to think of what else we can do so it won't just be more of the same.

Wasn't that quick cute amazing tho! I had it at every possible angle up and down and very quick then I just whipped it back and forth for a bit, really threw up a cloud of snow.

So any ideas for future vids would be helpful.

Also what did you think of the vid on the Power Max Auger System? Got a great view of that in action!

aa335

Reply #10   Jan 13, 2011 4:40 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:

Wasn't that quick cute amazing tho! I had it at every possible angle up and down and very quick then I just whipped it back and forth for a bit, really threw up a cloud of snow.

So any ideas for future vids would be helpful.

Also what did you think of the vid on the Power Max Auger System? Got a great view of that in action!

Yeah.  That was pretty slick.  Simple, cheap, and effective. 

About the Powermax Auger video, all it needs is to zoom in and throw more light at it.  :)  Where's your production crew?  Got stuck in a blizzard?
Replies: 1 - 10 of 19NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42