Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Fun with my Ariens 1336 DLE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Face

Fun with my Ariens 1336 DLE
Original Message   Jan 9, 2011 4:02 pm
2005 Ariens 1336DLE. Still happy after 5 years.

Feb 2010 Noreaster. This was 2 1/2 feet of wet heavy snow. Hardest workout ever for my machine.  EOD was 4-5 feet. Neighbor's 9.5HP Toro couldnt get through it. This was the closest to wanting treads instead of wheels I ever came.

December 2010 Noreaster. About 2 feet.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: Fun with my Ariens 1336 DLE
Reply #3   Jan 9, 2011 5:58 pm
Very cool pics, nice amount of snow too! Looks like your Ariens is doing a great job!

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Moderator Denis

Reply #4   Jan 9, 2011 6:02 pm
Wow nice looking snow and lucky guy havin' a good time, keep the good work buddy!
This message was modified Jan 9, 2011 by Denis

trouts2

Reply #5   Jan 9, 2011 9:40 pm
Nice clean paths. Your taking less than half a cut with that big bucket and still dribbling a slight line to your left. You could probably move and not have problems given the cut. Many would take a full cut and complain about first being too slow. Looks like clean cuts shaved very close, especially the path in the first picture.
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #6   Jan 9, 2011 9:45 pm
njal wrote:
Hello from  NJ

Nice pictures .Nice machine.

But brother you need a pick up with a plow!

I think you need V8 power !

https://t.me/pump_upp
Steve_Cebu

Reply #7   Jan 9, 2011 9:57 pm
trouts2 wrote:
Nice clean paths. Your taking less than half a cut with that big bucket and still dribbling a slight line to your left. You could probably move and not have problems given the cut. Many would take a full cut and complain about first being too slow. Looks like clean cuts shaved very close, especially the path in the first picture.

I've noticed that with certain snow my Toro will do the same thing. I'm not sure why. I do take bigger bites with it but it does dribble like that. I wonder why?

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
trouts2

Reply #8   Jan 9, 2011 11:12 pm
You need a hair less speed or a few inches less of a cut.  If already in first then less cut or a friction disk adjust.
Steve_Cebu

Reply #9   Jan 9, 2011 11:15 pm
trouts2 wrote:
You need a hair less speed or a few inches less of a cut.  If already in first then less cut or a friction disk adjust.

Really? Ok next time it snows (if ever )  I will give it a try. Thanks

aa335

Reply #10   Jan 10, 2011 12:08 am
njal wrote:
Hello from  NJ

Nice pictures .Nice machine.

But brother you need a pick up with a plow!

Nah, no need for plow.  With such beautiful snow, I'd take my time clearing it with a snowblower.  No plow can make straight wall of snow like that. 
njal

Reply #11   Jan 10, 2011 6:57 am
Two tanks of fuel for that driveway ya think?
Steve_Cebu

Reply #12   Jan 10, 2011 7:58 am
njal wrote:
Two tanks of fuel for that driveway ya think?

I doubt it unless his Ariens is a real gas hog. My Toro can run almost 3 hours before needing gas and I'm running it full throttle. I have a 220 foot long driveway like 16-18 feet wide and the EOD is at least 30 feet. I have to measure the EOD. Then I have a section where my wife parkes which is like 40'x40'. I really need to measure that as well. It's all surrounded by rock walls. Now maybe with 24" of snow it might use a full tank of gas. I hope to find out about that this winter as we never got more than 12" last year.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42