Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How to unclog Toro Power Max 826 LE Model #38620 impeller blades

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aschmeer

How to unclog Toro Power Max 826 LE Model #38620 impeller blades
Original Message   Dec 27, 2010 3:06 pm
Hello all, first post here...

My wife asked me to snowblow out out elderly neighbor...

Unfortunatly, not knowing there was a mat at the bottom of her stairs, my snowblower sucked it up and is now jammed in the impeller area.
I have a Toro Power Max 826 LE Model #38620.

The mat is, of course, not a some light weight mat... no, no... it is one made out of old tires and "sewn" together with rather thick wire.
I could cut it out, but would take an enormous amount of time and energy.
I was trying to find out how easy it would be to partly dismantle the impeller... and how to do that?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
aschmeer

Re: How to unclog Toro Power Max 826 LE Model #38620 impeller blades
Reply #6   Jan 4, 2011 7:04 pm
daniel wrote:
Ouch, no good deed goes unpunished.  Good Luck, think you're just going to have to snip snip a whole lot.

-Dan

You got that right...

Well I appreciate everyone's responses.  Waited for a nice, rather warm day and went to work with my razor knife and bolt cutters.
Took about 2 hours, but I got the mat out... although it is useless as a mat now 

Thanks again!!!
Shryp

Re: How to unclog Toro Power Max 826 LE Model #38620 impeller blades
Reply #7   Jan 5, 2011 4:49 am
Be careful.  This is 2011 now.  After being nice enough to do all that work for her, you may end up with a bill for a new mat in your mail :)
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42