Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Stale gasoline question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Wheels

Stale gasoline question
Original Message   Jan 28, 2005 6:53 pm
Hello all,

I'm new to this snowblower community.  I've got my new Ariens 8526 which I used last weekend and loved.  Here is my question:  Everyone on the forum seems to agree that fresh gasoline is important.  My OPE dealer has told me repeatedly to dump my gas can into my car after a month or two, and get fresh gas for the blower.  I understand it and it all makes sense.  But I'm wondering why these snowblower motors are so particular about gas.  I've got a tiller with a 5 hp B&S motor that I've had for at least six years and I've never done anything to it.  Most years it gets used once in the spring and than sits til next year.  Sometimes it gets used a second time in the fall.  So the best case is it gets run an hour in the spring and an hour in the fall.  I have only added gas when I use it.  Never drained the tank.  Always starts and runs fine.  Now I know you guys are cringing at this.  I just wasn't as 'in' to my power equipment as I am now that I have found this forum.  So if the tiller can sit year after year with gas in the tank until some more is added, and there have been no problems, do the snowblowers really need such pampering in regards to gas?  Keep in mind that I'm not suggesting that anyone treat their blower like I've treated my tiller.  And I'm not going to do that either.  But are they really that finiky, and if so why?   Please don't flame.  Just trying to learn.

Ariens 8526LE, Cub Cadet 2185 LT, Troy Bilt 8hp 5550 Watt Generator
Replies: 1 - 19 of 19View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 19 of 19View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42