Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Replacing Auger Belt on a Simplicity 1380E snowthrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TOMS

Replacing Auger Belt on a Simplicity 1380E snowthrower
Original Message   Dec 30, 2010 4:06 pm
I am trying to replace the auger belt on my snowthrower and I followed all the instructions in the manual.  The problem i am having is that the lower pulley is pressed pretty close to the gear assembly which prevents getting the belt on the lower pulley of the auger belt assembly.  Welcome suggestions from other Simplicity owners that have replaced the Auger belt on the same snowthrower as the easiest way of getting the belt past the gear.

Thanks,

Tom

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: Replacing Auger Belt on a Simplicity 1380E snowthrower
Reply #1   Dec 30, 2010 4:13 pm
Not clear about simplicity but you may have to separate the bucket from the tractor or at least take out the top bolts from the bucket,one on each side at the top in order to gain clearance.

Shryp

Re: Replacing Auger Belt on a Simplicity 1380E snowthrower
Reply #2   Dec 30, 2010 6:52 pm
Also note most snow blowers have a brake on the bottom pulley for the auger.  When you release the handle a spring pulls the pad in against the belt and pulley so you probably have to partially engage the clutch to get the belt on.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42