Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Yard-man 20" 5hp single stage Auger rubber replacement?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mmr_tiggy

Yard-man 20" 5hp single stage Auger rubber replacement?
Original Message   Dec 28, 2010 8:24 pm
I was hoping someone would be able to help me locate the proper rubber auger replacement kit.
It is a mtd built machine and my owners manual suggests kit 753-0669.
I have been able to locate the kit on the internet for $80 but I wish to buy a kit without the bolts included. It seems these kits go for substantially less, plus if I ever have to replace them again I do not want to buy a kit with bolts again. So I would prefer to buy a kit without the bolts now and just buy the bolts from the hardware store.
This snapper from snow blowers direct looks to have the same auger design http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Images/Snapper-1695702/i5794.html but it is a 21"

According to info I have found this unit is pre-2003 because ones built after wards are not riveted and don't require new bolts.
I have been searching for a good portion of the day but with no luck so far.
So if anyone might know which rubber kit would work with my machine it would be super helpful.
This message was modified Dec 29, 2010 by mmr_tiggy
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mmr_tiggy

Re: Yard-man 20" 5hp single stage Auger rubber replacement?
Reply #4   Dec 29, 2010 12:00 pm
Sorry about the typo, I didn't even see it when i double checked :-/
Yeah making my own could be a possibility.
I'm going to keep searching for a different set. I'm pretty certain this machine matches up to something else made by MTD.

Though i'm still hoping someone here might know :-)
This message was modified Dec 29, 2010 by mmr_tiggy
trouts2

Reply #5   Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm
MTD does not show a manual for that model but does recognize the number. When I had problems in the past I called MTD and got a manual a few times that way. Their service dept was pretty good. The machine does seem to be like the Snapper. You could poke around the 317 area on the list in the link and find an inch model with the auger style like yours. http://www.ordertree.com/modelinfo/MTD/62.1.html
mmr_tiggy

Reply #6   Dec 30, 2010 12:37 am
Well that ordertree is a pretty good site. I think with it's help i should definitely find something to solve my problem. I have a snapper dealer in my little city who may be able to cross something over.
I don't actually need the blades right away so I probably won't be seeing him any time soon, in case you ever got curious if I did find something.
Thanks for the help and happy holidays.
This message was modified Dec 30, 2010 by mmr_tiggy
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42