Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > First time out with my Toro 826OXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stresst

First time out with my Toro 826OXE
Original Message   Dec 27, 2010 10:31 pm
Im kinda of on the fence in regards to "if I made the rite choice"? First impression was good, got out last nite in the middle of the storm and at first I was very happy. Motor fired rite up even thou it was 22 degrees or 14 degrees with the wind chill. Got the hang of the controls pretty quickly, the light was nice and bright and throwing distance was pretty good. There was a ton of blowing snow due to the wind and this caused huge drifts which is the begining of my "second thoughts".

When tackling big piles (they are with this storm) more than a hand full of times the motor almost stopped and backfired when under heavy heavy load. Even back fired when the engine gets turned off as well. I think I may have have used too much stabilzer. Today was a little differant, engine did not backfire as much (but it did a few times) and the engine did not bog as much either (but it did a few times).

Now maybe im asking too much being we got hit so hard??? I dont know, maybe its my technique. Maybe its the amount of snow and my technique combined. When I look at what I did I am surprised so I am on the fence.

If I dont go work i will try and post some pics tomorrow. Or if I get more aggravated then I will be going to buy the Toro 1028 tomorrow.....lol

This message was modified Dec 27, 2010 by stresst

TORO 826OXE
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 14 of 14View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42