Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Everyone Else Did an Ariens Repower, Well So Did I

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Shryp

Everyone Else Did an Ariens Repower, Well So Did I
Original Message   Dec 23, 2010 1:20 pm
Ok, so I picked up an old 1977 Ariens 8HP 24" 924026 blower back in September for $20.  Actually it was $20 each or $30 for both if I grabbed a walk behind leaf blower too.  Neither one were in great shape and both had been setting for quite some time.  I picked up a yard vac after that so didn't feel like messing with the leaf blower and sold that for $50 as-is.  Got the snow blower running with a carb clean out and rebuild and some new fuel lines.  Changed out some old bearings and bushings and put some new tires and an impeller kit on it and could not wait to try it out.  We got 2 snow storms of about 1-2" and obviously it handled those with no trouble.  Then we had 3" of snow.  Oh boy did I have lots of snow to play with then.  Well, I was admiring how far it was tossing a small drift in the back yard and the connecting rod exited the block...

Well, I like to go overboard so I also opted for the 11HP Greyhound instead of the more sensible 6.5HP one.

If it works out great, maybe I'll strip it down and repaint it so it doesn't look like crap.

This message was modified Jan 3, 2011 by Shryp
Replies: 1 - 18 of 18View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 18 of 18View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42