Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sears snowblower with tracks what rear pedal is for

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bobnjill

Sears snowblower with tracks what rear pedal is for
Original Message   Dec 16, 2010 10:11 am
I am trying to figure out what the pedal at the rear of the machine is for ?
This message was modified Dec 16, 2010 by bobnjill
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Re: Sears snowblower with tracks what rear pedal is for
Reply #1   Dec 16, 2010 12:47 pm
On my craftsman trac drive,8h.p. 26" model 536.885910. The long bar or peddle is called the weight transfer system. Stepping on the peddle puts more weight on the front end and helps minimize ride up on the eod and hard packed snow. To use the system the book says: Lift up on the handles,push down on the peddle(it should lock in place). To unlock: lift up on the handles taking wieght off of the peddle and lift the peddle with the top of your foot. This system will not work if your skids are adjusted to the highest position. Meaning if you have your skids adjusted down to raise the front of the bucket up off the ground,like blowing gravel drive ways.
Maybe go to the sears web site and enter your model number, it might bring up a manual of your machine.
My instructions could be different, bit the same principles apply

MERRY CHRIST MAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T.J.

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42