Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1330SE question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Twisted_Uterus

John Deere 1330SE question
Original Message   Nov 14, 2010 12:55 pm
After 12 years of Northeast winters, I finally said goodbye to my Craftsman snowblower. It was literally being held together with hose clamps and bailing wire.

I treated myself to the John Deere 1330SE and can't wait for the first major snowfall of the season.

I do have a question for any users/owners of this model. There is a black plastic "shroud" that covers (I believe) the drive belts for the auger etc. It is the black plastic "thing" between the chute and the engine.

There is a pop-off cover on top that measures about 2 in by 6 in, and when opened, there a is a shallow "storage tray" of sorts, with a small hole at one end.

Page 13 (figure 8) of the owners manual identifies this part with the letter "K", however, the key/legend doesn't list anything for the letter "K".

Nothing else is mentioned in the manual

What the heck is this? Is it an oil/lube hole for the drive chains?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vikingsgy

Re: John Deere 1330SE question
Reply #3   Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm
I bought the 1330SE about three weeks ago and I was wondering the same thing . If you go to John Deere web site and get to the residential section and go to the 1330SE dual stage features page toward the bottom it says " Includes tool box and clear out brush" the tool box it is talking about is the little plastic thing between the shoot and the motor. I believe that is right it is used for the shear pins. My only question is that the hand warmers on mine seem to be very subtle ,im not sure if they are working at all, they dont seem to be noticeably hot even on the highest setting.
bevans

tougher than the elements...everything in Wisconsin is

Re: John Deere 1330SE question
Reply #4   Dec 12, 2010 2:38 pm
Vikings guy.....heck in sub zero temps with all that snow...no doubt the hand warmers seem like they ain't working....have fun clearing out....:)
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42