Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Can't decide!!!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kellyinkc

Can't decide!!!!
Original Message   Oct 21, 2010 5:09 pm
TMI! LOLOL! I can't find the 2450 locally and want to buy that away. The Power Clear 180 is very tempting too and available here. Just not sure if it has enough power. Though we usually get 1-4" of snow at a time.
The other machine is a McCulloch MC621ES but I can't find any reviews on it.
Replies: 21 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Ukko

Re: Can't decide!!!!
Reply #21   Dec 7, 2010 6:27 pm
snowmachine wrote:
I think McCulloch is an MTD brand.

http://support.mtdproducts.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/584/~/mcculloch-corporation-bankruptcy-and-business-asset-sale-information

In January 1999, McCulloch Corporation, then the manufacturer and seller of McCulloch® branded chainsaws and other outdoor power equipment (“McCulloch”), became a bankruptcy debtor. In October 1999, in connection with the McCulloch bankruptcy proceedings, Taiwan-based Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd. (“Jenn Feng”) purchased certain assets and trademarks related to McCulloch’s operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico (“North America”). From October1999 until July 20, 2003 Jenn Feng was the exclusive seller of McCulloch® branded products in North America. In March of 2003 MTD Products Inc (“MTD”) and Jenn Feng entered into exclusive distribution and trademark licensing agreements with regard to McCulloch® branded products. On or about July 20, 2003 MTD began distributing certain McCulloch® branded chainsaws, string trimmers, and other outdoor power equipment in North American under the terms of those agreements. MTD, however, did not assume responsibility for service or warranty obligations relating to products that were previously sold by either McCulloch or Jenn Feng. MTD similarly did not acquire and does not have access to service parts or information for products sold by Jenn Feng and/or McCulloch before MTD became the exclusive North American distributor. As a result, MTD can only provide warranty repairs and after-sale service and support for the McCulloch® branded products that it distributed in North America on or after July of 2003. With regard to products sold by Jenn Feng prior to July 20, 2003, you may contact: Jenn Feng Industrial Co., Ltd. at:

This is incorrect. The McCulloch brand name is now 100% owned by Husqvarna, and the snow throwers have only been made since Husqvarna bought the brand name. The single stage machines are new this year, the two stage machines came out last year. All parts come through Husqvarna.

I have an MC621ES on the way after being recommended by two different dealers who also carry Toro.
BlakeryBob03

Re: Can't decide!!!!
Reply #22   Jan 12, 2011 4:45 pm
Starwarrior... I had your same problem.  My back wheels on my 95 MTD 826 broke.  Looked forever to find a replacement.     I just found the only route you can go.  A guy in Idaho is making them out of steel.  Just received mine the other day and installed them.  They will be there forever!  His website is FlyingVproducts.com.  Its great cause you can actually call the guy and talk to him and make sure you get the right ones.
Tell him I sent ya
Blake Thackeray
Replies: 21 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42