Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 826 2 stage snowblower or Ariens Robin Subaru snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
joed

Toro 826 2 stage snowblower or Ariens Robin Subaru snowblower
Original Message   Dec 4, 2010 7:12 pm
I'm trying to decide between getting the Toro 826 2 stage snowblower with the 249 cc Briggs engine and freewheel steering or the Ariens 22" compact model with the 169 cc Robin subaru engine.  I need to clean about
2000 square feet of interlock along with my neighbor's yard when he's away in Florida on his winter vacation.   Any reviews, suggestions?  Thanks.
Replies: 28 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: Toro 826 2 stage snowblower or Ariens Robin Subaru snowblower
Reply #28   Dec 12, 2010 11:52 pm
joed wrote:
Update #2

Well, after much thought, I decided to go with the Toro 826.  I figured out a way to get it through the tight spot around my house.  I got lucky too because my dealer had a sale going on this weekend to clear out some stock.  Normally the 826 goes for $1499 Canadian.  I got it for $1299.  Pretty good price considering the compact Ariens would have cost me about $900.  Though the Subaru engine would have been great, I still think that the Toro 826 is a much better unit than the compact Ariens, even with a Briggs engine on it.  Though it looks like a big machine when you first see it, I can't believe how easy it use to move with that freewheel steering.  Anyhow, all I need is snow to see how it works now.   Thank you so much to all of you for helping me out during this process.  I really appreciate it.  Big thanks to Steve too.  I saw your videos on Youtube with your Toro 2 stage unit and it helped to convince me that the machine was easy to use.

Congratulations and welcome to the Toro family!

It's a great machine throws snow like magic and when I use mine especially on the EOD it always impresses me. Mine threw a 2"x3" piece of solid granite that had come loose from teh walkway and it threw it like 30-35 feet! No damage to my unit at all. So forget newspapers, granite is tough stuff. Post some pics of your new baby if you can.

My wife and I are planning more videos for YouTube with our Toro 1028 to measure throwing distances of various types of snow. Should be fun!

Glad I could help.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 28 - 28 of 28Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42