Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Which single stage has the most power

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chefwong

Which single stage has the most power
Original Message   Oct 27, 2010 8:36 am
Preface: I've have has a HS520. Due to space contraints, etc - I'm not looking at 2 stage. Single stage for the most part is a perfect fit just short of....living on the right side and the plows only plow to the right so I cam constantly getting plowed in... Throw is fine already on the HS520. I was only curios does the 421/221 or even any current models on the market may have a bit more bite on the EOD/overnight plowed snow...
Replies: 111 - 120 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
chefwong

Re: Which single stage has the most power
Reply #111   Dec 3, 2010 9:57 am
Just some pics for the hell of it....

AA, I GET what you say about the auger stiffness now, as how the rubber sits entirely on the auger paddle frame, as opposed to the lattes where there may be some flex...

SORRRRRY in advance, I will RESIZE THEM LATER ON...

chefwong

Reply #112   Dec 3, 2010 9:57 am
aa335

Reply #113   Dec 3, 2010 9:58 am
I told you so, if you sell one off, you'll pick up another.  That's just how SAS (snowblower acquisition syndrome) works.    Anyone else has this affliction?

I know you're pretty knee deep in this stuff, but at least it's cheaper than some other things you can get into.  Like gambling or karting.

On the stainless steel scraper bar, is that a custom fabrication or you can readily purchase?
chefwong

Reply #114   Dec 3, 2010 9:58 am
This message was modified Dec 3, 2010 by chefwong
chefwong

Reply #115   Dec 3, 2010 9:59 am
chefwong

Reply #116   Dec 3, 2010 10:15 am
The SS mod....I've kept you in mind

I hit up my local shop that I always use....but to have a exact replica made in SS, it was too costly if not extremely costly.
When is anything with the word custom not costly...

I'm planning to try a couple of other shops in my contact list but I suppose it may be the same or not...
Different fabrication techniques, etc come into play into costing of the final product as well
chefwong

Reply #117   Dec 3, 2010 10:15 am
The SS mod....I've kept you in mind

I hit up my local shop that I always use....but to have a exact replica made in SS, it was too costly if not extremely costly.
When is anything with the word custom not costly...

I'm planning to try a couple of other shops in my contact list but I suppose it may be the same or not...
Different fabrication techniques, etc come into play into costing of the final product as well
aa335

Reply #118   Dec 3, 2010 10:16 am
Thanks for thinking of me.  I had consider the metal scraper bar a while back when I first acquired the machine.  The plastic ones wear down so fast on concrete surfaces.

Let me know what the cost would be for a stainless steel one.  An exact SS replica sounds awesome.  I'd probably join you for a group buy.  :)  Have you consider titanium, like the ones on knee pucks?  Throw some sparks while snowblowing. 

So what's your plan now that you have two HS621?  Flip one of them for a HS35?
This message was modified Dec 3, 2010 by aa335
chefwong

Reply #119   Dec 3, 2010 11:32 am
I really need to start putting #'s down on paper or else I will get myself in trouble like I always do with side hobbys.

I think I'm going to do a mild RR on the other 621 and just give it to my sister.

The scraper bar from my CNC shop was very expensive...
It cost MORE than what I paid for the 2nd 621.
aa335

Reply #120   Dec 3, 2010 12:00 pm
I can see that CNC may be expensive.  The scraper looks like an extruded piece.  Have  you looked into spot welding a few pieces of SS together as a cheaper alternative?

As little or as much money and time as I had put towards my HS621, depending on who you ask, I found the RR process was quite fun.  The end result is that I have spanking new looking machine that's ready for service for another 10 years.  I find that it's not that outrageous considering it's a good piece of machine to begin with.

I would do the same as you if I had a second HS621.  I'd give it to family member and I'd do PM on it yearly for good measure.
This message was modified Dec 3, 2010 by aa335
Replies: 111 - 120 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42