Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Differences between Toro CCR2000 versus CCR3000?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
aa335

Differences between Toro CCR2000 versus CCR3000?
Original Message   Nov 21, 2010 1:11 am
I'm looking into picking up one of these older Toro single stage snowblowers.  I believe both of these models have the Suzuki 2 stroke engine.  Other than that, I don't know much about them.  Can anyone fill me in on their differences?  Also, what kind of issues are these machines are known for and how to look for signs of problems. 
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
gaken

Re: Differences between Toro CCR2000 versus CCR3000?
Reply #6   Dec 1, 2010 2:30 pm
I own a Suzuki powered CCR3000 that is 5 HP.  I bought it 3 years ago, for only $40, in like new condition, from a church (who decided to use a contractor instead).  I can't answer your question about the differences (since I never owned a CCR2000).  I can vouch for how stout the CCR3000 is. I have handled snow up to 13", here in Michigan with ease. It also goes through the end of drive build up that with a little effort.

When I saw how well the CCR3000 worked, I sold both my single stage snapper snowblower and my Gravely with the "snow cannon" attachment.  One was too light duty, one was overkill and too heavy.  Now my wife can clear the driveway and hang the CCR3000 on the storage hook. Keep you eyes out for craigslist and ebay.  Spring and summer are the best times to look (when no one is thinking snowblowers - and folks tend to move and sell their mowers and snowblowers).

aa335

Re: Differences between Toro CCR2000 versus CCR3000?
Reply #7   Dec 1, 2010 3:17 pm
Man, you guys luck out scoring these cheap CCR's

I think I'll have to be patient to score a good CCR3000 for cheap.  There's a lot of CCR2000, only 1 CCR3000, prices ranging from $300 up to $450!  Geez!  These $400 units are usually sold by fix them up mechanics touting Suzuki engines.  :)  At that price, I'd rather have a brand new Toro 221QR, Suzuki or not.
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42