Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Assembly of toro 1028OXE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Elk146

Assembly of toro 1028OXE
Original Message   Nov 26, 2010 5:12 pm
Hi All, Just found this site, quite interesting. I'm considering to order a Toro 1028OXE from Home Depot, with their free shipping deal. I'm wondering if the shipping will include tailgate service to set the package in my garage or not. Also, I'm above average in mechanical aptitude, but am wondering if the assembly is doable by me or better left to a dealer. Thanks in advance for you input. demps
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: Assembly of toro 1028OXE
Reply #1   Nov 26, 2010 6:53 pm
Elk146 wrote:
Hi All, Just found this site, quite interesting. I'm considering to order a Toro 1028OXE from Home Depot, with their free shipping deal. I'm wondering if the shipping will include tailgate service to set the package in my garage or not. Also, I'm above average in mechanical aptitude, but am wondering if the assembly is doable by me or better left to a dealer. Thanks in advance for you input. demps

Congratulations on your new machine! I have the exact same model and think it's great. I had mine assembled by the local dealer that I bought it from. Make sure that when you buy it from Home Depot that assembly is included. Improper assembly can void your warranty.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
giocam

Reply #2   Nov 26, 2010 10:19 pm
They come with assembly instructions and for somebody who is mechanically inclined I don't think you will have any issues with it. I never had to assemble mine because it was done by the dealer I bought it from, but I have read its just a minor assembly that takes less than half an hour.
daniel

Reply #3   Nov 29, 2010 7:40 pm
Hello,

I just took delivery of a Toro 826 OXE today from Home Depot which is very similar to the 1028 I believe.  A freight company brought the pallet down to my garage, I assume he would have rolled it in if I asked.  As for assembly, I am not mechanically inclined, and it took me under an hour total and that included re-doing a few parts that I had on backwards/cables routed the wrong way.  The routing and adjusting of the power steering cables were the only tricky part for me, I ended up over-torquiing the plastic cable retainer and snapping it in half, but it still seems to be hanging on there ok. (since you are mechanically inclined you probably already know not to over torque a bolt over a plastic piece with a ratchet :)) No experience on how my install did yet other than it started right up (don't forget the plastic "key") on the first pull and went forward and backward and turned ok. 

You can download the manual for the model you are looking at from toro.com and take a look at the install process if you would like, it's only 8 or 9 steps.  Basically bolt on the upper handle, route the steering cables, hook up the pole to the throttle, and hook up the pole for the quik-stik.  All pretty simple stuff.

btw, when I called home depot to order the snowblower I mentioned that I just moved and i had a 10% of coupon.  They deducted 10% but never asked for the coupon, so that was nice.

Good luck,

Dan

Toro 826 OXE Snowblower, Echo PB-500 backpack blower, Toro 22" high wheel recycler mower, Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 6 spd :)
Elk146

Reply #4   Dec 11, 2010 9:55 am
Thanks Steve, giocam, and daniel. I received the skided package by liftgate service, driver spotted the skid in my garage. I put it together this morning and it was a piece of cake. Just as daniel described. Short run through couple of inches of new powder to tune in the levers and stuff. Solid motor, low vibration, quite. NICE. Thanks again, I saved $175. by taking delivery in this manner.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42