Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Which single stage has the most power

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chefwong

Which single stage has the most power
Original Message   Oct 27, 2010 8:36 am
Preface: I've have has a HS520. Due to space contraints, etc - I'm not looking at 2 stage. Single stage for the most part is a perfect fit just short of....living on the right side and the plows only plow to the right so I cam constantly getting plowed in... Throw is fine already on the HS520. I was only curios does the 421/221 or even any current models on the market may have a bit more bite on the EOD/overnight plowed snow...
Replies: 96 - 105 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Shryp

Re: Which single stage has the most power
Reply #96   Nov 24, 2010 2:57 pm
Buy another one, switch the augers, then resell it :)
aa335

Reply #97   Nov 24, 2010 3:13 pm
chefwong wrote:
I do have ~issues~. Especially with any motor equipment.....I'll go to far as replace exterior moulding on my cars cause the sun has aged it and while trim products make them look good....it's just not as good as fresh. I think I may just spring for the augers but It's more like $200 extra when you factor in the shipping.

Grrrrr.....in the pitch of night and with the flashlight making sure the augers spun, and bearing that it looked so mint and rust free (just short of the marks on the bucket), I thought I made out pretty well - considering others in my area were asking $450 with questionable body conditions..

I know what you're saying.  Replacing that moulding would not work for me.  New molding would stand out looking so good, that the rest of the car looks crappy.  $200 dollars later on car detailing and I'm still not satisfied.  I'd go out and buy a whole new car, moulding and all.  .  Until the wife says, "NO, YOU'RE NOT.  IF you have been putting up with my imperfections the last several years, you can hold out on a new car just as long".  Hehehe, my wife didn't actually say that.  I'm just dramatizing.

Get the new auger and put everything else behind you.  You got lucky finding that 621 in such a nice condition.  I wouldn't go through the trouble of finding another unit to swap parts with, unless you have time and patience.
chefwong

Reply #98   Nov 24, 2010 3:40 pm
New Auger ordered.

Now can someone please help me explain Why-TF I have 3 snowblowers in my possession....
Steve_Cebu

Reply #99   Nov 24, 2010 3:45 pm
chefwong wrote:
New Auger ordered.

Now can someone please help me explain Why-TF I have 3 snowblowers in my possession....

You have snowblower OCD!  

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #100   Nov 24, 2010 4:10 pm
chefwong wrote:

You are suffering from SAS

Snowblower Acquisition Syndrome

It comes in three's.  That's just the way it is.  Don't sell off anything or you'll start the cycle all over again.
FrankMA

Reply #101   Nov 24, 2010 4:43 pm
chefwong wrote:
Preface: I've have has a HS520. Due to space contraints, etc - I'm not looking at 2 stage. Single stage for the most part is a perfect fit just short of....living on the right side and the plows only plow to the right so I cam constantly getting plowed in... Throw is fine already on the HS520. I was only curios does the 421/221 or even any current models on the market may have a bit more bite on the EOD/overnight plowed snow...

This is your original posting. Kind of funny looking at it now...LOL.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
aa335

Reply #102   Nov 24, 2010 4:51 pm
chefwong wrote:
 I don't have OCD OPE needs, but maybe it will turn out where I'll want a bigger and better machine...

Hah, top that. 

What's the first step to recovery?
chefwong

Reply #103   Nov 24, 2010 5:19 pm
The 1st step to recovery is to unload that 520 I have...

Not sure if it's the economy or just the seasons.
When I sold my 520 on CL years ago, I got a zillion responses within the hour.

So far, it's been a couple of days and not a single bite.
I may just have to put a Black Friday price on it to move...

Good call on the selling of the used auger Shyrp. That was not even on my radar and it would have gone into the metal recycle bin....
aa335

Reply #104   Nov 24, 2010 5:30 pm
chefwong wrote:
The 1st step to recovery is to unload that 520 I have...

Don't say I didn't warn you.  :)
chefwong

Reply #105   Nov 24, 2010 5:40 pm
The only buyers remorse I have is TCO of the 621....
Reminds me like the last time I had custom headlights being made....at the end of the day, I spent (let's just say it cost more than a HS1132)....

The winner is still the HS520AS. $375 + $40 in tolls and gas
The 621, at $300, a short trip but $425+  in parts later just to make this possibly 10+ year old vintage machine on par with the rest of shiny brand new single stagers out there on the market.

And then you have troublemakers on this forum start talking about a even older HS35 and it's got me saying, ooooh , what's that......
This message was modified Nov 24, 2010 by chefwong
Replies: 96 - 105 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42