Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1330SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Catt

John Deere 1330SE
Original Message   Sep 9, 2010 7:18 pm
Last year I bought a John Deere 1130SE snowblower and for the most part I was extremely happy with it's performance. I love the hand warmers, electric chute rotation, easy steer and the front end weight just to name a few.  The only problem I had, which was pretty significant, was the intermittent transmission slipping.  After sealing the transmission housing with silicone and some weather stripping, the problem was completely gone.  The remainder of the winter was very pleasing and I always looked forward to using the 1130.  I also had a second snowblower that I'm trading for a new 1330SE.  So now I'll have the 1130 and the 1330.  The 1130 will be for my business parking lot.  Some of the interesting features of the 1330 is the addition of an electric deflector control and dash area integrated headlights.  So now the chute is totally electric (both rotation and the deflector).  The slipping transmission should be resolved from water getting into the rubber/aluminum disc drive.  To fix this problem, Deere added a rubber gasket between the engine mounting plate and the transmission housing.  I'll try to post some pictures in the future.
BTW, my second choice would have been an Ariens since they seem to give people on this website support from at least one poster.  I wish Briggs, Simplicity or Deere would give the same support.
This message was modified Sep 9, 2010 by Catt
Replies: 16 - 25 of 97Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Twisted_Uterus

Re: John Deere 1330SE
Reply #16   Nov 15, 2010 3:48 am
WOW! what a great idea. I didn't even know they made such a thing.

Where can I find it? is it a John Deere product?

I just ordered the roller skids that were mentioned somewhere on this site...

can't wait to throw those babies on

7" of snow already... guessing Canada??

Catt

Reply #17   Nov 15, 2010 5:37 am

I'm in Minnesota. Let us know how the roller skids work for you.

The cap is a Briggs & Stratton part number 698109.  Here are a couple links:

http://www.mowpart.com/p312481/Cap-Fuel-Tank/product_info.html

http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/detail.asp?id=698109

This message was modified Nov 15, 2010 by Catt
Twisted_Uterus

Reply #18   Nov 18, 2010 6:09 pm
Hey Catt...

Thanks for the extra info.... I ordered the fuel gauge tonight (11/18) and just bolted on the roller/skids. I drove it up and down my driveway and it "feels" soooo much better with wheels. I had to drill and extra hole as the 1130's skid holes are about 1/2 inch closer than the slots in the roller/skid. Not a problem, all is looking good. Where the heck is the snow???

plowboy

Reply #19   Dec 1, 2010 11:03 pm
How reliable do you guys think the electric shoot controls will be? I like the blower but to be honest those little electric motors make me nervous. I'd appreciate any comments regarding them it anyone has experience with them.
Catt

Reply #20   Dec 1, 2010 11:16 pm
Hard to say for sure as it will only be known over time. These are similar to the motors used in automotive electric windows which are pretty reliable.  I'm sure it can be argued either for or against so I won't even try.  However I like gadgets and on cars as an example, it comes with the risk of something failing, but don't take away my power steering, electric locks, power windows etc and etc.
This message was modified Dec 1, 2010 by Catt
plowboy

Reply #21   Dec 1, 2010 11:30 pm
Good Points! Just trying to make my mind up between an Ariens with manual controls and Deere's electric.
Catt

Reply #22   Dec 2, 2010 12:08 am
It's a very good question and if you want absolute reliability and the potential for cheaper repairs, then go for the manual operation.  If (IMHO) you like to make life a little more interesting than I say go for the electric chute.  I'm sure you'll have fun blowing snow this winter with either.
plowboy

Reply #23   Dec 2, 2010 8:51 pm
Catt, your comments were just the little extra boost I needed, today I'm a proud owner 1330se as well. At the end of the day the Deere had more Standard features, weighed 54lbs more, plus had cast iron gear box as compared to aluminum, held more fuel etc than the Ariens. I figured if I don't let the thing freeze like a big ice cube I shouldn't have that many issues. If it works and runs like my ole 1032 Deere I'll be a happy camper time will tell.
Catt

Reply #24   Dec 2, 2010 9:46 pm
Congratulations!  I believe you're going to have a lot of fun with it.  I have several snowblowers and really enjoy the 1330SE.  In fact I'll get the chance to use it Saturday morning as we expect to get 6+ inches of snow on Friday.  If you get the chance, stop by the 1130SE thread where you'll find a few other Deere owners.
plowboy

Reply #25   Dec 2, 2010 10:00 pm
Looks I'll get to use my as well 5 inches here in Ia where I'm at I'll be looking at the other thread as well. Thanks

Replies: 16 - 25 of 97Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42