Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How much driveway/parking lot do you clear with a walk behind snow thrower?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Rifboy

How much driveway/parking lot do you clear with a walk behind snow thrower?
Original Message   Nov 10, 2010 6:50 pm
Just wondering how much parking lot area is too much? I own a Honda 1132 and I am wondering if it will be enough machine to clear my 7500 square foot parking lot. We have paid for plowing in the past but I am wondering if anyone else uses a walk behind snow thrower to clear this kind of space? I use the Honda on my gravel 300 foot driveway and I love it! It's a great machine and for the first time in years I am looking forward to snow! Just wondering if clearing the lot at work is a realistic goal. Thanks, Rifboy
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Rifboy

Re: How much driveway/parking lot do you clear with a walk behind snow thrower?
Reply #6   Nov 12, 2010 10:52 am
I keep looking at the handlebars and wondering how I can effect a change there. It will not be a casual change as there are no simple solutions that I can see. Extensions might get me a little but I am concerned that too much will weaken the bars and the other concern is that the cables might move a little but there certainly is not a lot of room for stretching. The other thing I am contemplating is removing the gusset at the bend in the bars and changing the angle of the bar ends. Then I could weld a new gusset in and re-finish the bars. I think this would allow me the biggest change. I'm trying to see what these changes will have on the controls before I begin though.

Rifboy

aa335

Re: How much driveway/parking lot do you clear with a walk behind snow thrower?
Reply #7   Nov 12, 2010 11:10 am
I think there a 2 inch extension kit that you can buy online.  Can't remember where though.

I would not hack into the handlebars though.  That is designed to be strong as one piece.  Plus, you can only add two inches of height before you run out of cable lengths.  If you ever want to resell it, it might put off would be buyers.

I think the benefit is minimal for the troubles and risks.
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42