Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > MTD TECUMSEH 80-110 ENGINE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BudHtown

MTD TECUMSEH 80-110 ENGINE
Original Message   Jul 23, 2010 11:27 am
I just recently purchased a MTD Snowblower with  8hp Tecumseh Engine on it, for $200.00 off of Craigs List.

It was running fine until I put it up on its casining to chech for it being lubed on it's drive gear. Since then it

starts up but will also stall out when I switch it off from full choke, 1/2 choke, then to no choke. It then will not start

even with using the electric starter. I have been online and have read alot of forums on the Tecumseh motors

and have found this one to be the best.   ( Richie ) your comment  being the first one I had read on adjusting the RPM'S

on your engine. I had in other forums have heard of these motors have a common problem of staring issues.

Mostly directed towords the carburator. My brother has the same HP Tecumseh on his Snowblower and it starts

from year to year with out running any Sta-bil in it before parking it in his garage for the next 10 months!!!

Can anyone give me any direction on my next step.

Here is some additional info. 2003 on owners manual, Spec- 155693X HMSK 80, D.O.M. 03325CH0708

Thanks,

Bud

Replies: 17 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BudHtown

Re: MTD TECUMSEH 80-110 ENGINE
Reply #17   Nov 11, 2010 9:28 am
trout2,

I ran it all day yesterday and it didn't stall out and not start up again, not once!  I rechecked the cap and found no hole anywhere to be found. I called my brother and his 8hp has no hole in it either. I asked him - how tight does he put his on ann he said, just till it stops. So, I may have been over - tighting mine. It said, no where in not the manul or the repair manual - not too over tighten it. I now think sometime there was dirt blocking the needle valve and causing the one running problem. Given now that I've run it and restarted it many times, and will, on and off to make sure of that. I'm not going to fool with anything for now. The way I ran it around the yard, if it was going to stall out it. It would have. If I do then I'll fool with the carb again.

I'll let you know if I have any problems in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Bud for all your HELP!

Bud

bus708

Reply #18   Nov 11, 2010 10:28 am
friiy wrote:
I miss the old Tecumseh finger pushbutton fuel bowl drain.....  Anybody else misss those too?

-Friiy

If you run fresh clean gas with stabilizer you don't need to drain it. I never mess with my drain valve or any other carb adjustment. the more you mess with it the more potential problems you have. My Techumseh is 12  years old and never gave me any problems. I maintain it properly. Read my posts # 3 here, and follow my preventive maintance , you too will not have any problems
This message was modified Nov 11, 2010 by bus708
bus708

Reply #19   Jan 24, 2011 12:28 am
Hi  BUDHTOWN,

I was wondering how you made out with your blower? How is it running?
Replies: 17 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42