Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Transporting Snowblowers

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chefwong

Transporting Snowblowers
Original Message   Nov 2, 2010 8:27 am
I know they make ramp kits out there, and less expensive ones that bolt a regular 2x10, etc... The trick in all of them, it to strap the overhanging lip to the tailgate to secure it... With that said, has anyone done transport of any large OPE via just regular wood planks. Is there a method of doing it ~inexpensively~ yet safely ? Or even a plank platform ? I'm looking at 2 stagers and possibly used vs new. Otherwise, I'm inclined to possibly break down a 2 stager down (remove the shoot and handlebars) and the remainder should just fit inside the SUV just fine.
Replies: 10 - 19 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
drifter

Re: Transporting Snowblowers
Reply #10   Nov 2, 2010 2:27 pm
giocam wrote:
Most snowblowers weigh less than 250 pounds or so. Two average men can pick them up and load them into an suv or on a pick up truck fairly easily, no need to spend money on ramps unless you plan on carting your snowblower around often.

Spoken like a fit young fella, who's never had his back go out on him at the least opportune time.
chefwong

Reply #11   Nov 2, 2010 2:41 pm
My inclination was these originally http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_15771_15771 I have tons of wood lying around and easily make a platform out of 2x12 stock and then put a ply platform ontop. I was thinking.....I could possibly get the 2 stager, keep it outside in some form or fashion and in the offseason, just get it on the ramps and lug it to my storage facility... I would need ramps if I bought the 2 stager used. Most are generally private sellers. If I bought new, I'm sure the local OPE would do the usual free delivery. I have to check with one of my tuning shops. In his old shop, he converted the loading dock as a drive in bay as well. and bought these beefy alum ramps that were rugged and robust.
This message was modified Nov 2, 2010 by chefwong
chefwong

Reply #12   Nov 2, 2010 2:45 pm
OT, but how do you get it to keep you formatting ? I am typing in spaces, etc and it just bunches up all the words into 1 single paragraph.
drifter

Reply #13   Nov 2, 2010 2:50 pm
hit "enter' at the end of your final sentence, to start a new paragraph.
aa335

Reply #14   Nov 2, 2010 2:55 pm
chefwong wrote:
OT, but how do you get it to keep you formatting ? I am typing in spaces, etc and it just bunches up all the words into 1 single paragraph.

If you're using Safari browser on a Mac, iPod Touch, iPhone, :) , it will bunch up all the paragraphs.  You can add <BR><BR> at the end of paragraph to start a new one.  Gets old pretty fast.  Ask me how.

This is just punishment for Apple not playing nice with Adobe Flash.  :) 

Try Firefox browser.  It works better.
This message was modified Nov 2, 2010 by aa335
Shryp

Reply #15   Nov 2, 2010 2:56 pm
A lot of the ones I see for sale on craigslist have notes on them saying delivery for $20 or $25.

The ones that do deliver you can probably talk them into it for their asking price.

I have seen a few ads that even say free deilvery.

I would say if the guy is offering delivery go out and take a look at it.  If you are there with cash in hand you can probably get free delivery vs just telling him to stop by with it.
Would also avoid wasting his time if you don't want his machine.
This message was modified Nov 2, 2010 by Shryp
chefwong

Reply #16   Nov 2, 2010 3:04 pm
Ahh...so the browser is doing something even though it's ~web based driven~. I am using Chrome on my Mac. Let me see how it plays with Firefox.
Shryp

Reply #17   Nov 2, 2010 3:15 pm
Don't feel bad.

I have tried Firefox, Chrome and IE8 on Windows XP and I can't figure out how to add clickable links or find any way to "go to first unread post".
The "insert link" icon opens up another box to paste the URL into, but that doesn't come back over to the post or something.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2010 by Shryp
aa335

Reply #18   Nov 2, 2010 3:21 pm
Shryp wrote:
The "insert link" icon opens up another box to paste the URL into, but that doesn't come back over to the post or something.

Go back and edit your post, select underlined text, click on  "Insert / Edit link" on the toolbar and paste the URL into the field the second time.  PITA but it does work.

Let me know if there better ways to do this. 
This message was modified Nov 2, 2010 by aa335
starwarrior

Reply #19   Nov 3, 2010 4:34 pm
I think the new Ariens models come with a F250

Starwarrior

Replies: 10 - 19 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42