Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Which single stage has the most power

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
chefwong

Which single stage has the most power
Original Message   Oct 27, 2010 8:36 am
Preface: I've have has a HS520. Due to space contraints, etc - I'm not looking at 2 stage. Single stage for the most part is a perfect fit just short of....living on the right side and the plows only plow to the right so I cam constantly getting plowed in... Throw is fine already on the HS520. I was only curios does the 421/221 or even any current models on the market may have a bit more bite on the EOD/overnight plowed snow...
Replies: 40 - 49 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
chefwong

Re: Which single stage has the most power
Reply #40   Nov 1, 2010 9:34 pm
Temporary Shed Solution Solved... They make this motorbike shed that is similar to a tent with a hard base..... Pretty slick solution that collapses down flat. I have to get a better look at it but looks like a perfect interim fit. Holy @#$@!@ Was browsing Honda.ca and me wants a HS928TCD. If only there was a way of bringing this stateside without paying on customs...
chefwong

Reply #41   Nov 1, 2010 9:34 pm
Temporary Shed Solution Solved... They make this motorbike shed that is similar to a tent with a hard base..... Pretty slick solution that collapses down flat. I have to get a better look at it but looks like a perfect interim fit. Holy @#$@!@ Was browsing Honda.ca and me wants a HS928TCD. If only there was a way of bringing this stateside without paying on customs...
aa335

Reply #42   Nov 1, 2010 11:29 pm
Don't go there.  Any mention of the H word, tracks, 928TCD, and Canada, is big bucks.

You're not planning to let that 928TCD sleep outside in unheated temporary shed, are you?  That's just not right!  Any self proclaimed OCD person would only park it inside a garage on a nice thick slab of concrete. 
alty

Reply #43   Nov 2, 2010 12:07 am
Wow - from a single-stage to two-stage 28 inch with tracks!   you got the obsession err-I- mean interest 'big time'.
chefwong

Reply #44   Nov 2, 2010 8:38 am
I'll put a engine heater block on her to keep her all warm and snuggly every night :-) And I'll knit her a quilt for extra comfort.
aa335

Reply #45   Nov 2, 2010 10:59 am
Don't forget to put on blue painter's tape so she won't get frost bite.

That ain't right.  You need a pole barn for all your toys.
This message was modified Nov 2, 2010 by aa335
chefwong

Reply #46   Nov 5, 2010 2:16 pm
Off to pick up some cedar....
I decided to make a cedar shed for the 2 units.

It gives me a chance to try out my Kapex 150 Saw that come in last month.
Dreading having to seal it though. I hate finishing wood. It' so tedious...
aa335

Reply #47   Nov 5, 2010 2:31 pm
The cedar shed is very nice.  Smells good too.

Man, you have expensive taste in tools.  That Kapex is nice.   She's a beauty.  I'm looking for a saw too but couldn't get myself to spring for it when I could get a shed for that price. 

Where can you buy a Kapex 150?
This message was modified Nov 5, 2010 by aa335
chefwong

Reply #48   Nov 5, 2010 2:40 pm
Festool tools are price locked...they are all the same price anywhere you go.

My 1st Miter was a Makita LS1013. Loved that damm thing.
Sold that for a Bosch super gizmo 12' uber saw. Hated it.
Sold that and bought myself a used LS1013 just to ~hold me by~....

Kapex arrived about a month ago. It's unpacked but I have not had a chance to use it.
Demoed it. It's quite nice but at 2X the next decent saw. But I guess we can make the same comparisons to the red vs orange bucket.
Is it the tool or the operator ......
aa335

Reply #49   Nov 5, 2010 2:48 pm
Most high end stuff is price locked and available through selected channel.  Quality brand that doesn't get eroded in value and reputation.  I'm fine with that.  If you want it, you get it.

There's only red and blue bucket in my eyes.  :)  I assume you've seen the blue ones, haven't you?

BTW, can't find any info on the 150, only 120. 
Replies: 40 - 49 of 145Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42