Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity Landlord DLX - What a GREAT Tractor!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dvdkea

Simplicity Landlord DLX - What a GREAT Tractor!!
Original Message   Oct 31, 2010 7:54 pm
I recently picked up a used Simplicity Landlord DLX. It is a year 2000 with a 17hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, 50 inch deck, hydrostatic, hydro lift deck,  and just under 400 hours. The original owner (who I purchased it from) had is advertised for $1,200 and said it "Needs Work". It was only about 10 minutes from me so I figured I would go take a look.

When I got there I was amazed how good the overall condition was. The owner, an older gentlemen, told me the motor smokes a lot when it runs and that was the only problem. I started it and it was abvious something was wrong. I asked him if he had it looked and if he knew what the problem was? He told he had not, and instead went out and bought himself a brand new tractor.

At that point, I figured it could be pretty expensive to get it fixed....and it was hard to tell what the problem was. I took a chance and offered him $800. He accepted. He gave me all the original paperwork. He paid just over $7,000 when it was new in 2000.

I got it home and the first thing I did was check the oil. Well, he had a QUART to much oil on the motor!! I drained it down to the correct level, started it up and it smoked for about 5 seconds and then ran nice and smooth!! The tractor has run perfectly every time I used it since then. I just used it for the last time this season (I live in NY).

This is my first Simplicity tractor and I am very impressed. The quality of the machine, the cut, and everything  about this machine is awesome!!  In my opinion, this machine will run circles around anything that the big box stores sell!!

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Catt

Re: Simplicity Landlord DLX - What a GREAT Tractor!!
Reply #1   Oct 31, 2010 8:52 pm
Congratulations!  Now you need to look for attachments.  Take a look at a Johnny Bucket.  I have one on my John Deere and find it very handy.
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #2   Nov 4, 2010 12:01 am
Great find! Doesn't it make you feel great when you stumble upon a deal like that. Sometimes I am thankful that we live in such a "throw it away" society.

Cheers

https://t.me/pump_upp
JeffM

Reply #3   Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm
 I agree.  I got a DR woodchipper last year, the seller said it had major issues, smoked and hardly ran...asking $1500 but I got it for $900.  Needle and seat had been rotted out by new gas which ran into the crankcase.  I changed the oil and voila!  Good as new!  I didn't even replace the needle and seat, I just turn off the fuel petcock.  The 16hp Vanguard really chews up the limbs. 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42