Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Super Trapp Quiet Mufflers: Do they work?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slinger

Super Trapp Quiet Mufflers: Do they work?
Original Message   Oct 24, 2010 1:40 pm
Has anyone used these or know anything about them?  I would welcome any device that reduces the loudness of a small engine exhaust as long as it is not detrimental to the performance of the engine.

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/strapmain.cfm

Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
friiy

Re: Super Trapp Quiet Mufflers: Do they work?
Reply #8   Oct 27, 2010 10:51 am
The exaust tuning book I read years back was mostly about 2 cycle bikes,   and had some good info... Not much on 4 stroke.......

The big thing on 2 scycle motors is the pressure wave reflecting back off the expansion chamber (i think it was called that)...  and hitting the exaust port of the motor at a specific RPM to help seal the lower end and piston rings from scavengening.....

Friiy...

longboat

Re: Super Trapp Quiet Mufflers: Do they work?
Reply #9   Nov 1, 2010 11:12 am
It works the same with four-stroke engines.  By tuning the length of the exhaust pipe, you can get the pulses to scavenge, or suck, the exhaust gases from the cylinder(s), but only at a specified rpm.  If we could fine-tune the exhaust to 3300rpm, you might get enough extra oomph out of your snowblower to help it throw further consistently, keep it from plugging in wet heavy snows, etc.  Anyway, just a though...
Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42