Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN
Original Message   Jan 27, 2005 8:44 am
Hi Fred,

I couldn't find the thread on this list when this subject came up a few days ago, so I thought I'd make a new one.  I saw the Mpeg on their website you sent me to and thought it was great.  It almost seems too good to be true how well this works.  I should have it in my hands in a few days and you can bet I'm going to demo it for myself just as they did in the Mpeg.  I think I'll be leaving out all the debris in my test, but will certainly try the "water" trick.  Thank you again for recommending it to me

Richie
Replies: 6 - 15 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
mrmom

Re: Purchased Mr. Funnel F3CN
Reply #6   Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
I finally ordered one from that guy on Ebay. Just got the small one though to use on the blower and mower. Am looking forward to another toy.... er.... ahhh... tool. Yes, tool!
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #7   Jan 27, 2005 11:24 am

Hi there Marshall,

ROFL...I remember Bobby's name mainly from our other forum, but I can only assume by you kidding around that it must have something to do with me always wanting to prove "claims" of product performance by manufacturers.  If that's what the joke was referring to, yes, I'm guilty as charged  

I learned years ago to keep power of suggestion or simply a belief out of the mix.  Things become very subjective in that respect, rather than objective.  Look at the direction my other thread is going with the Tecumseh HP issue.  Now we have Marty adding his research, that no doubt from what I've been doing the last few days in my spare time, was a frustrating and maybe an exhausting experience for him to come up with what he did.  Unfortunate his research may have been lost on the other forum.  He seems to know what he's talking about and I have to add it into the mix until Snowshoveler (Chris), whom everyone here seems to respect and trust, including myself, can determine if its a little bit of numerous factors that contribute to horse power ratings.  If anything, all this and many other threads on this board make for some entertaining reading, especially when we get hot under the collar about them.   Marshall, come up with a really controversial thread, let's keep the ball rolling!

Richie
Emmo

Reply #8   Jan 27, 2005 11:40 am
I bought two of them (one for my dad.......I'm tired of cleaning out gas tanks and carbs for him, you could make a bale of hay out of a couple of his tanks!)

My only knock on them is that there is a couple tablespoons or more of fuel left when they are done draining.  There is a frame that supports the membrane and it sits above the floor of the funnel, not allowing the last bit of fuel thru.

I saw that Dave either throws it in another container for disposal or pours it back in the can if it looks clean.  That's a good solution.  I pour mine into the jugs of old oil that I take in for recycling.  I just wish this wasn't necessary.  It's not a huge deal, but filling the gas tank, shouldn't take more effort because of which funnel you use.
This message was modified Jan 27, 2005 by Emmo
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #9   Jan 27, 2005 12:25 pm
Richie wrote:

Hi there Marshall,

ROFL...I remember Bobby's name mainly from our other forum, but I can only assume by you kidding around that it must have something to do with me always wanting to prove "claims" of product performance by manufacturers.  If that's what the joke was referring to, yes, I'm guilty as charged  

I learned years ago to keep power of suggestion or simply a belief out of the mix.  Things become very subjective in that respect, rather than objective.  Look at the direction my other thread is going with the Tecumseh HP issue.  Now we have Marty adding his research, that no doubt from what I've been doing the last few days in my spare time, was a frustrating and maybe an exhausting experience for him to come up with what he did.  Unfortunate his research may have been lost on the other forum.  He seems to know what he's talking about and I have to add it into the mix until Snowshoveler (Chris), whom everyone here seems to respect and trust, including myself, can determine if its a little bit of numerous factors that contribute to horse power ratings.  If anything, all this and many other threads on this board make for some entertaining reading, especially when we get hot under the collar about them.   Marshall, come up with a really controversial thread, let's keep the ball rolling!

No Richie, let me explain. 

Bobby was Moderator here that has seemed to disapear. Anyway, he had three products that he pushed on the forum all of the time. One was Honda anything, the other two were Pri-G and Mr. Funnel. We always accused him of working for them or having stock in them or something. I was joking around, thought maybe you remembered that about him.

Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #10   Jan 27, 2005 12:40 pm
He must have done a good job of pushing these items.  Now I remember how PRI-G ended up in my garage, and have been using it ever since   The difference is that I love Honda and really wanted a 724, but the two or three Honda dealers in my area here, in New York ,treated me terribly and made it seem like they were doing me a favor to even answer a single question.   You may actually recall way back I mentioned to the forum that I had gone into a dealer, didn't see a single snowblower and asked, "do you have any snowblowers I can look at"  The response I got was, "you come in here to buy, not to look.  Pay for it and when it comes in, you can look at it"  I'd never recommend one, ONLY for that reason.  I could never send someone with $2,000.00 in their hand to a dealer like that, to be treated so horribly.  

Richie
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #11   Jan 27, 2005 1:20 pm
Richie wrote:
He must have done a good job of pushing these items.  Now I remember how PRI-G ended up in my garage, and have been using it ever since   The difference is that I love Honda and really wanted a 724, but the two or three Honda dealers in my area here, in New York ,treated me terribly and made it seem like they were doing me a favor to even answer a single question.   You may actually recall way back I mentioned to the forum that I had gone into a dealer, didn't see a single snowblower and asked, "do you have any snowblowers I can look at"  The response I got was, "you come in here to buy, not to look.  Pay for it and when it comes in, you can look at it"  I'd never recommend one, ONLY for that reason.  I could never send someone with $2,000.00 in their hand to a dealer like that, to be treated so horribly.  

The old arogant as*hole approach huh? Never worked on me either. LOL
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #12   Jan 27, 2005 5:51 pm
In memory of Bobby P... and his convincing posts...

First... I started using Pri-G and PRI-D...

Next... was a Mr. Funnel...

Finally... I got a Honda FG100 mini-tiller...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Termy

Reply #13   Jan 27, 2005 5:56 pm
I feel bad that BobbyP left us. He was really cool and gave great advice. I just hope he finds whatever he is looking for in his life. I am hoping he will come back. Well, if he does, we all will bennifit from it.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #14   Jan 27, 2005 7:06 pm
Yes, I hope he comes back also.  He was a great guy. 

It bought a filtered funnel when I went to pick up my mower blades recently.  I should have read more about Mr. Funnel, because it is better than just a filtered funnel.    

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #15   Jan 28, 2005 6:17 am
I bought a Mr. Funnel and find it to be a pain to use. 

Do you fill the fuel tank directly?  When doing so I find it very difficult to see how full the tank is and have overflowed it on more than one occasion.  The fuel tanks on my single stage blowers are small so you need to be careful when filling them.  Using the Mr. Funnel makes seeing the level harder and I have needed to use a finger to stop the fuel in the 1/2 full funnel when the blower tank is full. 

The only successful way I found was to dedicate a fuel can as "clean".  Only filtered fuel goes into the can.  Then I use this can to fuel the equipment. 

It would seem to be a good idea to build a Mr. Funnel fuel can.  This would eliminate many of the handling issues.

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
Replies: 6 - 15 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42