Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > need help with a Jari jaw I snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sclark

need help with a Jari jaw I snowblower
Original Message   Oct 16, 2010 6:21 pm
This message was modified Nov 14, 2010 by sclark
Replies: 11 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
sclark

Re: need help with a Jari jaw I snowblower
Reply #11   Oct 19, 2010 1:27 pm
sclark

Reply #12   Oct 20, 2010 9:37 am
trouts2

Reply #13   Oct 20, 2010 6:55 pm

The tensioner on the left is probably for auger engagement.  How does that arm move?  Does it just swing on the pin/bolt below or is it engaged by something out of view?    There are 3 holes in that arm that could be for spring connections.  

What is that arm in the center with the spring?   I assume that goes back to the operator.  Is there any writing by the operator to indicate what it does?

The tensioner to the right looks like the drive tensioner.  There’s no pulley for it?   Is there any driven pulleys attached to the bucket?  Where is the stuff that the belt turns?   That arm on that tensioner also has holes so a place for a spring.  It looks like its got part of a spring poking through on the bottom hole.  If there a spring behing it?

A little more info would be helpful.   Sometimes I explain things and in the process of verbalizing them understand more.  Putting vague understandings into concrete words and sentences that have to make sense forces more understanding.  Maybe you could write up what you know about the internals.

Could the center arm have two springs for tensioning one or the other arm for forward and reverse?   That would probably require two pulleys below.  Are there two pulleys for drive out of view.  I doubt if the two belts are for forward and reverse but it could be true.  Cannot see all the components so tought to say.   What's attached to the bucket?

Where are the auger drivem components if both of those belts are for drive F/R?   The bar left to right in there seems to be the wheel axle.  What does the chain drive and what does the big gear to the right drive or are they both driven by something out of the picture?  What’s out of the picture that the belts drive?  Again if both of those belts are for F/R then your missing auger components.

Rather than both belts being for F/R could one be an auger drive and the other wheel drive.  Do you have drive and auger clutches on the handlebars?  Probably not but is there something you flip to get wheel drive and something else you flip for auger drive?  What operator controls do you have and where do they run?   Some machines have drive belts that are always tensioned so part of the drive mechanism is always active and always turning when the engine runs.  You flip or move something to bring parts up to meet what is driven to  get drive.  For the auger you usually push or flip a lever to bring the tensioner into the belt.

This message was modified Oct 20, 2010 by trouts2
sclark

Reply #14   Oct 21, 2010 12:55 am
Berger

Reply #15   Sep 14, 2014 1:44 am
Did you ever get a reply to your questions. Someone gave me an old Jari that runs but I can't figure out the belt system and how things get engged. any help would be appreciated.
Replies: 11 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42