Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Chainsaw Starting/Running Problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nibbler

Chainsaw Starting/Running Problem
Original Message   Feb 19, 2007 8:29 pm
I have a Stihl 026 which has been seeing a lot of service recently, I've been going through about 10 tanks of gas per weekend for the last three weekends, genrally in -10C to -20C weather, I use fresh gas that was mixed  recently and a new spark plug. The problem is that after running through a tank or so I start having problems starting and idling. I've put a new air filter on and that seemed to clear the problem up for a while. I also brush the filter out whenever I refuel. I've even cleaned it using hot hater and soap. Each thing seems to help for a while but the time frame is getting shorter and shorter. One time this weekend just past when I was having trouble starting I took the filter up and it started on the next pull. When I put the filter back on it was fine for about 1/2 tank. At about $30.00CDN per filter I don't want to have to buy more of these things. I've cleaned the old one and am going to give it a try as well. I'm also going to do a more thorough cleaning in the area around the air filter since that is where the ignition cutoff switch is and I've had a couple of problems recently with it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions about something I might be missing?
Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Konman94

Re: Chainsaw Starting/Running Problem
Reply #8   Oct 14, 2010 8:29 pm
I've been having a problem with my chainsaw: My chainsaw won't start, it has spark and my fuel mix is good and the carb is good. The only thing I can think of now is the compression or the ignition timing. Can anyone help me?
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: Chainsaw Starting/Running Problem
Reply #9   Oct 15, 2010 1:26 am
Konman94 wrote:
I've been having a problem with my chainsaw: My chainsaw won't start, it has spark and my fuel mix is good and the carb is good. The only thing I can think of now is the compression or the ignition timing. Can anyone help me?

or a fuel related issue meaning the carb not letting your gas through

Replies: 8 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42