Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Chute control

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
im45us

Chute control
Original Message   Oct 11, 2010 2:18 pm
I am looking at a new blower and someone mentioned the Simplicity large frame. I really like the idea of the Simplicity but I am not sure about the electric motor for the chute. How reliable are they? About how much do they cost? I know they are windshield wiper motors I think.

Thanks Ivan

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Mike_in_NH

Re: Chute control
Reply #1   Oct 11, 2010 4:41 pm
I have the Simplicity P1628  which has the electric chute rotation.  I had the same concern before I bought it.  I have had it for two full seasons now and so far, aside from initial adjustment, it has been trouble free.  I know it's not long term proof of reliability but it's the best I can tell you.
DavidNJ

Reply #2   Oct 11, 2010 6:48 pm
A replacement motor is $125.
DavidNJ

Reply #3   Oct 13, 2010 12:19 pm
Based on what I've seen, the Simplicity/Deere/Snapper electric chute controls are the easiest to use. Honda also uses an electric chute control on some models. After that the Husqvarna Crown which are both smooth, linear, and made very well. After that I kinda like the Ariens 2.5x crank or lever; Ariens appear to be well made machines.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42