Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Used Pricing for Honda 1132TAS

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
firedoctor

Used Pricing for Honda 1132TAS
Original Message   Sep 21, 2010 5:30 pm
I'm working on my first snow thrower purchase (Rochester, NY, 6 car length x 2 car wide driveway w/ a moderate grade). I've seen a used Honda HS1132TAS for $1750 (US) . The machine is 8 years old, and just got a new honda carb, linkage cable & drive belt. Is this a decent price for this model of this vintage? My alternative is a new Ariens Deluxe 27, which is going for around $999 locally. and the Honda HS724TA, which I can probably get for $2000 for last year's model still new. I've read about turning difficulties with the Honda, which is a slight concern. I've thrown my back out using rototillers before. Thanks for any comments!
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Steve_Cebu

Re: Used Pricing for Honda 1132TAS
Reply #1   Sep 21, 2010 8:19 pm
firedoctor wrote:
I'm working on my first snow thrower purchase (Rochester, NY, 6 car length x 2 car wide driveway w/ a moderate grade). I've seen a used Honda HS1132TAS for $1750 (US) . The machine is 8 years old, and just got a new honda carb, linkage cable & drive belt. Is this a decent price for this model of this vintage? My alternative is a new Ariens Deluxe 27, which is going for around $999 locally. and the Honda HS724TA, which I can probably get for $2000 for last year's model still new. I've read about turning difficulties with the Honda, which is a slight concern. I've thrown my back out using rototillers before. Thanks for any comments!

I had a Honda 928 with the tracks and it was not that hard for me to move and my bad is bad but not as bad as yours unless I lift too much. My wife was the main factor in getting rid of the Honda she wasn't strong enough to muscle it around. We tried Ariens and Toro and since then Simplicity. You will muscle these machines around. We have found that the Toro was super easy to turn. The Honda was the easiest to back up. Even the dealer who was pushing Ariens like his life depended on it said that my wife could not handle the Ariens. If you have back problems you want the machine that is the easiest for you to use. You don't have that much driveway to do anyway. So try these out and turn them a lot in the same way you would in your own driveway. I'll save my comments about Toro's super easy to use quick chute system and mega easy to turn trigger activated skid steer, since you only asked about Honda or Ariens. It's no fun when your back aches and you hate using the machine you bought. The Honda will require that you start it up to move it especially an 1132TAS. I found that moving the honda around in the 5 sq feet they gave us to not be enough of a test. They didn't want the paint scratched.  Test drive them all and buy the one that you feel is the most manageable. The 1132TAS is overkill for your size driveway.  Also try a Toro and compare the difference, your back will thank you for it. :)

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Re: Used Pricing for Honda 1132TAS
Reply #2   Sep 22, 2010 9:18 am
I don't recommend the HS1132TA if you have any kind of back and / or hip problems.  Even with a good back, it is still a good work out.  I haven't used the lighter and smaller HS724TA so can't say how much easier it is to maneuver it.

The price of that used HS1132 is high considering it is 8 years old.  They are typically high because supply is very low.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42