Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > cub cadet snow blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mousy

cub cadet snow blower
Original Message   Sep 10, 2010 9:44 pm
Hi, I am looking at purchasing a 2 stage cub cadet snow blower soon. It's a 208cc 24 inch clearing width.  My husband and I are asking for any information on this machine.  We appreciate your input. Thank you :)
Replies: 15 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DavidNJ

Re: cub cadet snow blower
Reply #15   Oct 3, 2010 4:11 am
Just thought I'd add that the Sear Professional 33", which is the Cub Cadet 933 in black, is on sale for $1700 through 10/4. It has the 16" auger/16" impeller, left/right free wheel 'power steering', and the MTD 357cc engine. However, it also has a 10 turn crank a reach below the console for chute adjustment having not gotten the lastes updates. The auger is a semi-open design.

I've never seen one in person. Based on the 'handlebar issue' between identical weight Ariens and John Deere units my wife and I saw today, seeing in person may be a requirement.

JimmyM, how easy to handle is it?

This message was modified Oct 3, 2010 by DavidNJ
JimmyM

Reply #16   Oct 7, 2010 9:47 am
DavidNJ wrote:
Just thought I'd add that the Sear Professional 33", which is the Cub Cadet 933 in black, is on sale for $1700 through 10/4. It has the 16" auger/16" impeller, left/right free wheel 'power steering', and the MTD 357cc engine. However, it also has a 10 turn crank a reach below the console for chute adjustment having not gotten the lastes updates. The auger is a semi-open design.

I've never seen one in person. Based on the 'handlebar issue' between identical weight Ariens and John Deere units my wife and I saw today, seeing in person may be a requirement.

JimmyM, how easy to handle is it?

I think it's pretty easy to handle. The trigger steering works like a charm for me. The weight of the unit doesn't seem to be an issue other than improving traction. But I'm 6'1"/230lbs. So it may be an issue for a smaller person.
The chute rotation isn't an issue. My previous 38 year old Wards/Gilson blower had, what looks like a chain sprocket, that engaged a perforated ring at the bottom of the chute. If the chute ring was too tight, it would bind up. If it was too loose, it would vibrate its way around to some other direction, or the sprocket teeth wouldn't engage enough and it would slip. So a 10-turn worm gear drive is a pleasant change.
I wish I waited on the purchase so I could have gotten the 33" for only $100 more. But, I'm happy with the unit. One thing I wish was different was the shifting while moving. I wish I could move the shifter while the machine was already moving and continuously control the speed. A small nag, but that's it.

Also, it doesn't come with a fuel shut off valve. I installed a panel mount one in one of the metal engine covers. Works nicely now.
DavidNJ

Reply #17   Oct 7, 2010 12:02 pm
What changes in condition would you want to change the speed while moving to compensate?
JimmyM

Reply #18   Oct 7, 2010 3:52 pm
DavidNJ wrote:
What changes in condition would you want to change the speed while moving to compensate?

They're very few. Mostly if I'm traversing from a cleared area to uncleared. I'd just like to get over there quickly then slow down before entering the deep snow. Like I said. It's a minor thing I can certainly live with.
Replies: 15 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42