Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snowblower shopping...need some advice / suggestions

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
indy597

Snowblower shopping...need some advice / suggestions
Original Message   Sep 7, 2010 10:15 am
Been snowblower shopping for the past week or so....looked on craigslist first and found that a lot of people think their 12 year old rusted snowblowers are still worth 80% of what they paid....I've narrowed my search down to the following:

Ariens Delux 28 # 921022 ($999)
vs.
Toro PowerMax 38614 ($999)
vs.
Poulan Pro PR627ES ($799)

I want to buy from Home Depot cause I have a gift card to use as well as a 10% off coupon...I'm intrigued by the Poulan because of the price and features seem to be up there with the others...the Ariens has the largest engine of the 3 and that may be helpful up here in Maine where the snowfall can be anywhere from a few inches to a few feet. Driveway is about 150'

these are all 2010 models so I cant find any reviews online but you guys seem to be very helpful here...any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!
This message was modified Sep 7, 2010 by indy597
Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
indy597

Re: Snowblower shopping...need some advice / suggestions
Reply #3   Sep 8, 2010 8:34 am
so how can I tell if the Ariens model at Home Depot is a stripped down cheap one or not? Or should I simply avoid that brand there?
Snowmann

Re: Snowblower shopping...need some advice / suggestions
Reply #4   Sep 8, 2010 9:13 am
indy597 wrote:
so how can I tell if the Ariens model at Home Depot is a stripped down cheap one or not? Or should I simply avoid that brand there?

That is nonsense. The dealer models are the same as the Home Depot models. Also, the Poulan Pro is made by Husqvarna, not Briggs, so it has no relationship to Snapper/Simplicity/Briggs.

The Toro and the Ariens you'll be able to look at on the sales floor at Home Depot. The Poulan Pro is web order only. I'm not sure it's a good idea to buy something you can't review in person first (you could try to find a place with one though just to review).

You should look at the comparison in specifications (these 3 units are really in 3 different "categories" of size and features), then go to Home Depot and peruse each before you make a decision.

PK

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42