Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Arien's ST10 traction and attachment drive belt change

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Snothro

Arien's ST10 traction and attachment drive belt change
Original Message   Sep 1, 2010 5:41 pm
Just got around to tackling the belt changes.  I do not see how I can put the traction drive belt on without first removing the engine sheave.  It just seems like a total bear to
get the belt into the right spot.

Any helpful insight from those of you who have tackled this job would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tom
Arien's ST1032 (model 924084)
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Snothro

Re: Arien's ST10 traction and attachment drive belt change
Reply #2   Sep 2, 2010 9:01 pm
Thanks Gary.  That makes a whole lot more sense than what I was contemplating.  I will give this a go this weekend.

Tom
bus708

Reply #3   Sep 3, 2010 12:18 am
Tom

Let me know how you make out. Make sure you adjust your drive belt tight but not to tight. When you adjust your auger belt make it so it will NOT turn the auger with your handle released or churp with your handle released. If you hear it churp it is to tight. It should only churp when you squeeze your auger handle handle.
Snothro

Reply #4   Sep 16, 2010 2:54 am
Thanks Gary.  Both belts are changed.  My Ariens is ready for lots of lake effect snow.   My attachment belt was completely shot.  Good thing we did not have much snow last winter.  I am ready this year.

These older Ariens wilth the Tecumseh engines look more substantial than the new models I see at Home Depot.  I wonder if they are as good.  Anyway, I am hoping mine lasts another ten years at least.

Tom
bus708

Reply #5   Sep 19, 2010 11:39 pm
Tom

I'm glad you got your belts on . I tuned up mine too. You ever try some high mileage pensoil 5w 30 sinthetic oil in your Techumseh? My HMSK80 loves it. It sounds like a new engine. Try some. Start your engine and run it for 10 minuites to warm it up. Pay attention to how it sounds before and after you change the oil . You will be very impressed. Mine is 10 years old.  I always run fuel stabilizer in my  engine too along with carb cleaner every year. I never had a carb problem . 
            Techumseh makes a good engine- i'm upset they aren't around anymore. A lot of people complain there engine threw rods. They will if you screw with your gov. to get it to rev for more power or never change your oil.  Draining your carb is a bad idea too. Think about it. You drain your carb, well you think you do - there is always a splash in your boll . You put your blower in your shed all year- it may get 140 degrees in there. That left over gas then cooks and gums your carb.
         I always run STAYBIL  in mine from day one, and fill it up too.  If your tank is not full you can get water from condensate in your fuel tank too. That can give more problems.

Good luck with your unit-  10 hp You should blow like a king now

Don't forget to give it a good grease job too

Peace     Gary
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42