Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda hr215 I need help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Brown

Honda hr215 I need help
Original Message   Jul 2, 2010 2:32 am
Hey somebody, help!!!

I have a honda hr215 mower.  It will start in choke but will stall after just a few seconds running.  Old gas was left in it from last season but when it was cleaned out it will not stay running.  I have checked the float level and replaced all of the carburator gaskets and it still will not run.  It will only start in choke.  As long as I keep the choke on it will start but not keep running.  Without the choke on it will not start.

Phillip Brown

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
FrankMA

Re: Honda hr215 I need help
Reply #1   Jul 2, 2010 6:08 am
Pick up a bottle of Seafoam (available at most auto parts stores) and mix about 4 - 6 oz. with a gallon of fresh gasoline. Drain the old fuel from the mowers tank and replace it with the seafoam/gas mix and try to start your mower to get it into the fuel system. Let it sit overnight and then try to start your mower again - this should remove the gum/varnish build up and clean the fuel system at the same time. You may have to keep at it but once it gets going you should be fine. If this does not work you may have to remove the carb and clean it by hand.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
friiy

Re: Honda hr215 I need help
Reply #2   Jul 2, 2010 5:20 pm
You should clean the low speed jet...

Friiy

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42