Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Pressure Washer Not Drawing Solution

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ramper

Pressure Washer Not Drawing Solution
Original Message   Jun 9, 2010 11:11 am
I have a McCoulgh pressure washer that has stopped drawing solution.  I took the unit apart and cleaned the hoses.  Basically there are two hoses from the solution tanks (there are two) to a control value and then one hose from that to the outlet.  I assume the pressure from the water going through the outlet produces a vacuum that draws the soltuion in.  I tried to directly hook into the input vavle and it still did not work.  I took off the input valve and cleaned it.  Basically it is a valve with a barded part to connect the hose and then a ball bearing inside.  Is this part replacable?  If not is there another way to connect the soltion tanks.
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Re: Pressure Washer Not Drawing Solution
Reply #1   Jun 9, 2010 5:28 pm
ramper wrote:
I have a McCoulgh pressure washer that has stopped drawing solution.  I took the unit apart and cleaned the hoses.  Basically there are two hoses from the solution tanks (there are two) to a control value and then one hose from that to the outlet.  I assume the pressure from the water going through the outlet produces a vacuum that draws the soltuion in.  I tried to directly hook into the input vavle and it still did not work.  I took off the input valve and cleaned it.  Basically it is a valve with a barded part to connect the hose and then a ball bearing inside.  Is this part replacable?  If not is there another way to connect the soltion tanks.

I'm not sure how your pressure washer works but, if its the one with various nozzles it will only take solution wilth the BLACK nozzle on the end of the wand.

Let us know how you make out.

friiy

Reply #2   Jun 10, 2010 11:32 pm
       Some pressure washers have a check valve in the "draw area".   It is sometimes a a steel ball with a spring against a seat area... The venturi  effect of the hi pressure water  at this "draw area" pulls the small metal ball off the seat causing a draw of soap...   if the spring rusts into a solid lump, the ball can't move,  or the ball rusts to the seat... The Check ball basicly is there to keep 3500 psi from going into your solution tank due to a restriction of the water flow..

What is the model number of the unit.?.. Maybe we can check out the IPC and let you know what we think...

Good Luck,

Friiy

ramper

Reply #3   Jun 11, 2010 11:11 am
That sounds like the issue.  I did not see a spring (maybe it rusted away).  When I put the ball back in (NO spring) shouldn,t  there be a draw?  I am thinking maybe the spring rusted and is blocking the path to the water stream.
ramper

Reply #4   Jun 11, 2010 1:32 pm
Fhh18a
friiy

Reply #5   Jun 13, 2010 9:50 pm
I can't find a manual online for it... some people say that it only sprays in low- pressure  selection... (does it have two settings?)

friiy

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42