Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > converting 120volt starter to a 12volt starter

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cgruett

converting 120volt starter to a 12volt starter
Original Message   Jun 6, 2010 7:32 pm
Is there a way to convert my B&S 120volt starter to a 12 volt starter? Obviously when I hook it up to a battery it spins but not fast enough.I was told that B&S. doese not make a 12 volt starter for my 11.5hp intek snow.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: converting 120volt starter to a 12volt starter
Reply #1   Jun 6, 2010 10:54 pm
That is not correct. There is indeed a 12V starter. You cannot convert a 120V. You'll need the replacement 12V starter, a properly rated switch, a fused harness, properly rated solenoid, U1 battery 330 cca minimum, associated mounting brackets, and a wire routed for the ignition ground for the switch. You'll also need an unoccupied DC lead from your alternator <3 amps to charge the battery (your engine may not have this). Not worth the effort in my opinion. You might want to consider selling yours and buying a 12V start equipped machine.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42