Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Re: simplicity quality

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Re: simplicity quality
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 8:13 pm
What was wrong with the new Craftsman that made you sell it so quickly?  That Simplicity is a nice heavy duty machine.  I can't fault you for your choice.  You should write a review for it in the review section.  I don't think there is a Simplicity listed yet.

Richie
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
pjc733

Reply #1   Jan 24, 2005 8:18 pm
i had problems with the craftman the first time i used it. The auger shaft came completly disconnected from the auger housing
This message was modified Jan 24, 2005 by pjc733
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #2   Jan 24, 2005 8:29 pm
Oh man, if you were at operating RPM, that must have made a big mess of things.  Sorry to hear about that.

Richie
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #3   Jan 24, 2005 8:30 pm
Not trying to be a jerk here but I would have liked to have seen that.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #4   Jan 24, 2005 8:33 pm
Hey Chris,

I never knew you had a sadistic side BTW...I would have liked to see that too.  I never heard of that one happening before.

Richie
ChrisS

Reply #5   Jan 24, 2005 8:39 pm
Me either.  It sounds like such a rare occurance, something you not going to have many chances at.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #6   Jan 24, 2005 9:20 pm
Hey Chris,

I prolly shouldn't be asking this while on PJC's topic, but I just saw your review on your Honda snowblower.  How has it been holding up? Any issues besides shearpins? I remember from a year or two ago that you keep it outside and covered.  I was curious about carb issues if any, and have you had to service the hydro drive at all.  Yeah, those honda engines are amazing.  I have a Troy-bilt 2500 psi pressure washer with the 5 hp honda engine.  An amazing little engine, and you want to talk about how quiet it runs, it makes a briggs or tec engine sound like they are screaming.

Richie
ChrisS

Reply #7   Jan 24, 2005 9:34 pm
Richie wrote:
Hey Chris,

I prolly shouldn't be asking this while on PJC's topic, but I just saw your review on your Honda snowblower.  How has it been holding up? Any issues besides shearpins? I remember from a year or two ago that you keep it outside and covered.  I was curious about carb issues if any, and have you had to service the hydro drive at all.  Yeah, those honda engines are amazing.  I have a Troy-bilt 2500 psi pressure washer with the 5 hp honda engine.  An amazing little engine, and you want to talk about how quiet it runs, it makes a briggs or tec engine sound like they are screaming.

It has held up well Rich, it does not like old fuel but what engine does.  It did suffer cosmetically under the tarp but it always started and ran flawlessly.  I have not had the machine serviced yet, the hydro works perfectly.  So far I could not imagine life without it and would pay more now for it than I did three years ago it's that good....

C

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42