Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Michelin Tweels

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

Michelin Tweels
Original Message   May 27, 2005 6:31 pm
Has anyone seen these??

Pretty neat concept and will be a godsend to construction and agricultural users. No more down time due to flats.

Looks pretty radical on the car at speed......

Replies: 7 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
stevietwo

Re: Michelin Tweels
Reply #7   Mar 24, 2010 9:19 am
Glad Bill D likes the work of this American company....but they are French and always have been.
skier1

Reply #8   Mar 24, 2010 3:15 pm
I saw them one time on an auto show special or somewher like that.

I think they look great, but with that kind of "rim" they are not good for anything other than on road, as you guys noted, they will pack full of junk and become out of balance. With the space toward the perimiter though they may not do as much in snow, as lots of areas that also have potholes and stuff like that do, where something like this would be useful. I have heard no pricing, or availability on them but they look great, IMO...

samdog

Reply #9   Mar 29, 2010 10:12 pm
I think they are leaving them open right now to show off the technology. The "invisible" tire is a dramatic visual.

In service the side will be sealed and look much like an ordinary tire.

ps. I have a feeling they are not much in the performance dept; lateral grip, sideloading, etc.

This message was modified Mar 29, 2010 by samdog
Replies: 7 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42