Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How do you remove the auger shaft assembly - MTD 8hp

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wonkyhamster

How do you remove the auger shaft assembly - MTD 8hp
Original Message   Feb 24, 2010 10:30 am
I have removed the 2 screws from each of the end bearing housings but the drive shaft does not want to come out of the impeller. Can anyone help please?
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
wonkyhamster

Re: How do you remove the auger shaft assembly - MTD 8hp
Reply #2   Feb 24, 2010 6:45 pm
Thank you very much for the prompt and comprehensive response! I plan to do the work on the snowblower when there is less snow in the forecast (Western MA)!  In the meantime I took a quick look and think there are only 4 screws (2 on each side) attaching the bucket to the tractor. Could this be a different model than the one you describe?  It's about 4 years old and is 8.5hp, 26" wide and 2-stage. Anyway, when the weather clears I will roll up my sleeves and get to work on it.
Replies: 2 - 2 of 2Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42