Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere 1130 SE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Clay

John Deere 1130 SE
Original Message   Jan 7, 2009 1:07 pm
I did a search and found a few references to this machine but no answers.  Any one have one of these?  15.5 snow max engine, heated hand grips, 30" wide.  I can't find a listing for auger diameter or impeller diameter.  I called John Deere and the guy that was suppose to be the snow thrower expert didn't know either. 

What is the Easy Steer drive system?  The literature says: 

• Easy Steer® drive system giving continuous power to both wheels and auto speed adjustment
  • Is it similar to the Ariens auto differential? 

I've heard that the units are built by B&S which translates to Simplicity.  They do have cast iron gear cases like the Simplicity.  The chute control is different than the simplicity and so is the turning method so they are not exactly the same.  I'm trying to compare the Simplicity L1530E to the JD 1130SE.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Replies: 275 - 284 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Catt

Re: John Deere 1130 SE
    Reply #275   Feb 19, 2010 8:02 pm
    Swoods, I think that motor spent most of it's life in the garage.  Very nice find!
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Reply #276   Feb 19, 2010 10:42 pm
    I put a new pull rope on it and resprung the spring.  It fired up on starting fluid.  I didn't have any 2 cycle to test it out for real though.  I also need to rig up a trash can to submerge the lower unit to test it. 

Sean Woods
    Paul7

Reply #277   Feb 19, 2010 10:53 pm
    Catt wrote:
    Swoods, I think that motor spent most of it's life in the garage.  Very nice find!

I agree.  I rent a boat every year when we go to the Maryland shore.  And every time I mess up the propeller by getting hung up on sand bars and the rental place makes me pay for a new one.  That propeller barely looks like it has a scratch on it. 
    Swoods

I love all power equipment from lawn mowers to snow blowers. My favorite pieces of equipment are 2 cycle Lawn Boys.

Reply #278   Feb 20, 2010 10:32 am
    What about this?

This message was modified Jan 21, 2011 by Swoods

Sean Woods
    Paul7

Reply #279   Feb 20, 2010 1:06 pm
    Swoods wrote:
    What about this?

Very unique concept but check out this item someone has for sale in my area.  An 8" in blade...it would take me a day to cut my lawn.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/grd/1608707059.html
    snowmachine

Reply #280   Feb 20, 2010 2:25 pm
    That's a sweet old motor. My dad has an old '40 or '41 4-stroke Lauson motor in similar shape. IIRC it is maybe 2HP. I thought it was interesting that it was 4-stroke from that era. I guess they got bought out years later by Tecumseh. Swoods wrote:
    This isn't a Lawn-Boy or a JD 1130se, but it is still pretty cool. I picked it up for $20, plus I gave some metal files, a hacksaw, and a wood saw. The prop is nearly like new. It is painted the same color as the rest of the machine so hopefully this is an indication that it hasn't been run much.

It hasn't run since 1986. It does need a new rope. I will hopefully get one tomorrow and see if she fires up.

By the way, it is a 1950 Martin "40." 4 1/2 horsepower. Now I just need a wooden boat to put it on! 

Tate

Reply #281   Dec 1, 2010 1:37 pm
    Greetings all .... I am new to the forum but have been reading it for sometime.  I live in New England where we get a good bit of snow, purchased the 1130 last year and put up with the clutch slipping problem all season.  The machine just went to the JD dealer today so we will see how this plays out over the next week or so.

It has been very informative reading through all the posts.  I think when I get it back from the dealer I am also going to seal up as many holes, gaps and openings with silicone.   Overall the machine is great. I hope it last as long as my Bobcat did which I believe I bought in 1971 and got rid of last year, the cast iron sleeve BS engine would always start 1 or 2 pulls even on it's last day with me.

I misplaced my owners manual and was wondering if anyone had an ecopy of it or knows where I can download one of purchase online.  The JD site wants a "Decal model #" but not sure what that means, I tried using 1130, 1130se without success.

Thanks in advance!

Tate
    Shryp

Reply #282   Dec 1, 2010 2:17 pm
    There should be a long string of numbers on a sticker down where the handles connect somewhere.
    Swoods

Reply #283   Dec 1, 2010 3:44 pm
    I'm not having any luck finding the Decal Model Number, but I did find the part's manual http://ipl.ordertree.com/ipl/861/1130_IPL%202008.pdf

Sean Woods
    Tate

Reply #284   Dec 1, 2010 4:00 pm
    Sean thanks for the link on the parts manual.  I did find that earlier but the only sites that reference owner manuals seem suspect and want a monthly fee subscription.... not.

Tate
    Replies: 275 - 284 of 333Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42