Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I was a little concerned, but the 524 did itself proud.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cutter

I was a little concerned, but the 524 did itself proud.
Original Message   Jan 24, 2005 3:27 pm
I'll try to post a real review soon, but I just wanted to give a little pat on the back to our Ariens 524. We live near Plymouth, MA and like many others, we got slammed this past weekend. Granted, I didn't wait until it was over before I began clearing it, but the 524 started on the first pull and didn't balk at much of anything. Okay, the EOD took a little time, but as they say, it sure beats shoveling. If I had to do it all over again, I might have opted for a 724, because I do like the small frame for maneuverability, but I'm really pleased with the work this 524 was able to accomplish.

I don't have any action shots, but this will give you an idea of what it had to deal with. There's about  two feet in the driveway and the drifts on the deck were well over four.

This message was modified Jan 24, 2005 by cutter
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Emmo

Re: I was a little concerned, but the 524 did itself proud.
Reply #1   Jan 24, 2005 3:33 pm
Very Nice Cutter!

Man you guys did get the snow but it looks like your 524 cut right thru it.  I'd say if your happy with its performance in this storm you'll be happy with it for anything else that comes along!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pics!
TheKneebiter

Re: I was a little concerned, but the 524 did itself proud.
Reply #2   Jan 24, 2005 3:43 pm
the 524 is a great little machine. we have one at work and my bro inlaw just got one. the snow we got here in ma was very light and fluffy so the little machines worked great. if we get hit with another one with this much snow but wet and heavy im sure you and everyone else with the smaller machines will have a tough time. i own a couple of small units as well as the giant. i find myself using the smaller ones more often than the giant. if you have it in your budget , living in plymouth not far from me in needham i would suggest you get at least a 8hp in the future and keep the 524 . you can never have too many snowblowers in mass.  look in the spring for a used one and you can save some cash.
This message was modified Jan 24, 2005 by TheKneebiter

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42