Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Troy Bilt Storm 5524

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
basshunter521

Troy Bilt Storm 5524
Original Message   Nov 28, 2007 5:01 pm
MY troy bilt snowthrower seems to stuck in gear. Can anyone tell me what I might do to fix this Problem
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
daverly95

Re: Troy Bilt Storm 5524
Reply #6   Feb 13, 2010 9:01 pm
My Troy Bilt Storm 5524 also had a problem where the wheels locked up.  I had to take off the wheels to get the hex shaft out of the unit.  The gear assembly had significant rust on the bearings that roll against the hex shaft.  I sprayed PB Blaster to remove the rust, then applied Moly grease to all the gears and reassembled everything.  Needless to say this took awhile.  Also I found that the bolts that hold the wheels in place can not be too tight.  If the bolts are screwed in too tight, the wheels also lock up. 

Another thing I find a little annoying is the metal tubing that holds the gear shift linkage in the locked position when you use it.  The gear shift linkage is designed with a hinge so you can fold the handles down for storage.  While you're using the machine and shifting it from forward to reverse a few times, the metal tubing comes loose which prevents you from changing speeds.  I'm not sure if there is a fix from Troybilt for this, but I use some electrical tape to hold it in place.  It works.
Chrisnyc

Re: Troy Bilt Storm 5524
Reply #7   Feb 21, 2010 10:16 am
Hi, Need a picture and or part # for Storm 5524 carb air filter. I don't have part manual and can't find it online. I tried to register at Troy bolt USA for manual but database wouldn't accept my serial and model #'s????? Thanks for any assistance.
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42