Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Ariens snowthrower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bus1662

New Ariens snowthrower
Original Message   Feb 12, 2010 9:35 am
Hi all, great site!

I just unpacked my new Ariens ST24E w/Subaru motor.   I think I've seen threads mentioning "belt run-in" on new machines but there's nothing in the owner's manual about it.

Any tips or advice on the proper break-in of a new machine are greatly appreciated!

Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
bus1662

Re: New Ariens snowthrower
Reply #4   Feb 12, 2010 10:26 pm
Snowmann wrote:
Oh, I thought you had the 920010 "Compact" ST24E. You have the 921019 Deluxe version. P12 then.

Sheesh, how the heck did I miss it....

Thanks, Snowmann!

bus1662

Re: New Ariens snowthrower
Reply #5   Feb 20, 2010 5:11 pm
Well, after working almost non-stop for weeks, I finally got the chance to take my new thrower out for her maiden voyage.

The snow was pretty "settled" and wet after 1 and 2 weeks of sitting there.  There was two snowstorms worth of about 15-18 inches.  It was a bit of a struggle as the thrower wanted to ride up on it, but I expected that.  So I just made two passes on about 200 feet of sidewalk....clean as a whistle.

That Subaru motor is SWEET....quiet and strong.  Glad I went for it.

Anyway, if she made it through that old snow, I know she's going to go through the new stuff like a hot knife through butter!  (If it ever snows again, that is.  But even if it doesn't, she was still worth the money...pretty as she is, I'll just use her for a lawn ornament!) 

This message was modified Feb 20, 2010 by bus1662
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42